[ 10; lucy ]

MONDAY HAD ROLLED IN,
and things should've been back on their normal course. They seemingly were, for the most part. Hangovers cured, gossip spread, evidence of alcohol had been disposed.

"You know what I forgot to tell you?" Fred asked at breakfast, fiddling with his fork between his fingers.

Thomas, Lucy, and James looked up, awaiting the answer.

"Hannah asked me if Dominique listened to girl in red at the party. Who the hell goes by girl in red? Do you know who that is?"

The three made a weird face, exchanging glances with one another, searching to see if someone had the answer. "She was probably drunk, Fred." Lucy finally concluded.

"I don't think this girl in red even goes here. Why doesn't she ask Dominique?" Fred wondered.

"Girl in red?" Melody interrupted, taking a seat in the table, alongside Aurora, "Who did you say was asking?"

"Hannah, of course."

Melody raised her eyebrows, a crooked smile etching its way onto her face. She glanced towards Aurora. The two girls looked equally amused, "It's slang. She was asking you if she likes girls."

"You people do live in your own tuning, now, don't you?" Aurora said, sounding almost impressed.

"We haven't covered that yet in muggle studies," Thomas muttered.

"Would someone that lives in their own tuning get you this, then?!" Fred asked, a little too loudly as he got a little, golden-looking ball from his pocket.

Aurora looked at it with interest, before her expression contorted into a smile, "Did you steal this from our little party?"

"Each and every single one of them." Fred confirmed, as though it was something to be proud of. Feeling the judgemental looks of his friends, he decided to further elaborate, "Well- so that I can give her a piece of happiness every day... get it? It's romantic, shut up."

"I do quite enjoy Ferreros. Thank you, buttercup," Admitted Aurora, causing exaggerated gagging sounds from James and Lucy.

"And they say romance is dead, hm?" Melody asked Thomas, arching a brow, "Two types of people in the world."

· ˚ .   *   · ✵   · · ˚ *   . ✵ . · ˚ *   .     · ✺ · .  *· ✵   · · ˚ *

To be terribly honest, Lucy did not remember much from the night of the party. She remembered a vital thing, though, she had been with Edward, which meant she had done absolutely nothing to regret. Unless one counted jumping up and down to She looks so perfect as a regret. She also did know that at some point, probably more than just one, she'd smoked. The next day's horrid cough and fuzzy fingers didn't just come for nothing. This might've been her greatest disappointment, in fact. Those two factors summarised how much she knew about herself, the one from that night.

What she'd heard on the grapevine was that there was blatant cheating, people locking themselves up in dormitories that did not belong to them, one too many confessions, especially for a Hallowe'en party. However, this wasn't the slightest bit odd to her. Things like that happened at a party, it was the perfect moment, usually it had nothing to do with the theme.