11) Broken

The day has finally arrived. It was your match against your old friend and your old crush.
You walked with Kiyoko, everyone else was already there. From the far you heard Tanaka arguing with someone. You were close enough to see who he was arguing with. It was a tall boy with a strange haircut.
As soon as he saw you and Kiyoko, his eyes were forming a heart.
"A female manager and a beautiful female player?!" he said, tears coming from his eyes.
Is this dude okay? He's a bit strange and he's giving me quite a Tanaka vibe.
He began to run away and you noticed Kenma.
He waved at you and you waved back. Suddenly there was a shadow behind you. You looked up and saw Kageyama.
"So I guess that's Kenma?" he asked.
"Yes but please don't tell him, he doesn't even know and I have a crush on someone else now." you said. Kageyama wasn't even listening to you. He went straight towards Kenma.
"Hey did you even listen to me?!" you shouted and ran after him.
"Kenma right? What's your position?" Kageyama asked Kenma.
"Setter." Kenma responded.
Kageyama looked even more furious. It looked like there was fire around Kageyama.
"Keep your hands away from (y/n), she doesn't love you anymore." he glared at Kenma with burning eyes.
"What do you even mean?" Kenma asked quiet and monotone as always.
"Don't play dumb, friend."
"Okay Kageyama, I think we should go now." Daichi said awkwardly, pulling Kageyama back. Kenma looked at you again before turning away.
"Ugh Kageyama, I can't believe you!" you were angry at him. He embarrassed you in front of your old friends. You didn't want Kenma to know that you had a crush on him and you were angry that Kageyama didn't listen to you while you were trying to explain your current feelings.
You walked in the gym, Kageyama tried to grab your wrist but you pulled away.
"Leave me alone." you gave him a death stare before walking in the girl's cabin.

The moment was there. You stood on the field with your team. Across from you was Nekoma High. Seeing Kenma and Kuroo gave you flashbacks of times you had together. You as trio were inseparable. You often played volleyball together in Kenma's garden. You all were neighbours. You also often hung out at a bridge where you discussed things, Kenma was quiet most of the time. Kuroo and you were his only friends.
Now you are rivals. The feeling was strange, but also a challenge you wanted to win.

The game began. You were first to play as Libero, Nishinoya waited on a bench and watched. Kageyama was looking at you a few times but you avoided his gaze, you were still angry at him. Kageyama and Hinata made a point with their special attack. Everyone was impressed by their speed.
"You're great Hinata!" You shouted, Hinata smiled and waved at you.
A volleyball almost hit Karasuno High's field but you managed to save the volleyball from hitting your field by falling down on the ground. You hurt your arm a bit but didn't care.
"Well done, (y/n)!" Nishinoya shouted. You smiled.
"That was really good, (y/n)." Kenma said to you.
"Thank you Kenma." you said smiling at him.
"Oi I told you to leave her! Didn't you understand?" Kageyama interrupted you.
"Can you stop it?! What is your fucking problem?!" you were about to explode, his behaviour towards Kenma was getting on your nerves.
The referee whistled and the game went on. You ignored Kageyama as much as possible, hoping he'd notice that he did something wrong.

Another ball came with an immense speed, you fell on the ground again, harder this time, falling right on your arm. It made a loud cracking sound.
"Fuck!" you said. Your arm was hurting much, tears formed but you tried to stand up and not trying to cry.
"(y/n), you should change with Nishinoya. Go to the doctor, that didn't sound good." Coach Ukai ordered you.
Still trying to stand up, you felt arms around you helping you. Kageyama helped you getting to the doctor. You just let him, the pain was too strong.
"It'll get better princess." Kageyama said, wiping your now coming tears with his thumbs away. He gave you a kiss on your forehead and left.

From far you heard a whistle, this meant that the game went on with Nishinoya in your place now. Nishinoya was also a good Libero and you knew that he was also talented.
"Let's see." the doctor said.
He made a few checks and hands you the result.
"You broke your arm."
Great, that's the worst thing that could've happened.
You felt tears coming up again, knowing that you couldn't play volleyball for a time, fearing that your team would forget you or worse replace you.
"I'll bandage your arm now, you need to rest. I think your boyfriend can help you much."
The pain was so strong, you couldn't even say that Kageyama wasn't your boyfriend.
"Can I stay here for a bit?" you asked the doctor.
"Of course." he said and left you alone. He noticed that you wanted to be alone.
You didn't want your team see you crying, you just sat there alone crying. The tears didn't stop. Your heart hurt and your eyes were blurry.

The game was over, Karasuno High lost against Nekoma High. You stood up to get to your team, they were waiting outside. You tried to hide the fact that you've cried and smiled.
"You'll get them next time." you said.
Everyone was looking at you now.
"(y/n), what do you mean with 'you'?" Daichi asked.
"I broke my arm." Tears began to come back again.
"(y/n)...." Hinata said.
Kageyama came to you, wiped your tears away and hugged you. His hug was full of love. You cried on his shoulder.
"I'm afraid that you'll replace me or forget me while I'm unable to train or play." you finally said.
"We would never do that!" Hinata said.
"Hinata's right. No matter what, you'll stay in our team and we'll never replace you." Daichi said. Everyone else agreed and nodded.
A small smile formed on your lips.
"Thank you guys, I'm happy to have you.."
Everyone came to hug you carefully. Even the Nekoma High players hugged you.
"You are perfect for each other." Kenma whispered to you while hugging you softly.
You didn't respond, just looked him in his eyes.
"We'll win next time." you said smiling and he smiled back.
"Okay thank you it's my time to have her in my arms now." Kageyama said while pulling you into his arms. He hugged you from behind.
Kenma smiled and you blushed a bit and smiled. He turned to his team and said:
"Like I said, perfect for each other."
You giggled a bit and your team went back to the camp.