living room wars!

I was focused on the model in front of me, an Eldar Farseer she was your normal run of the mill model, singing spear and shrunken pistol in both hands and her standard armor. I was already done with all the regular coating and trim and I was about to finish up her detail work. With a stroke of my fine tipped brush the last highlight of her soul stone that was emblazoned crimson red on her chest piece was complete and with it so was she. Her Ulthwe colors were bright and yet aged the way I liked, I placed here infront of the war host that was assembled on one of my many tables I had.

A sense of pride filled me as I gazed at my weeks worth of work on display. An entire Eldar warhost consisting of five thousand models was in full paint and kit, the entire thing had set me back on income by a larger margin then I wanted. But I would easily make it up with the commission I finished a month earlier, ten thousand points worth of Terynids all painted amd ready to sent back to its owner. A full month was spent on that one army and by gods on this earth it was worth the money, especially since the owner chose my highest quality option for painting.

"I better get this commission back to the post office so I can get the check cleared." I said to no one but my self while I check my watch. It was 2:30 pm on friday and the post office closed at 3:30 pm here in my town. With a little haist I stacked the cardboard box's on a dolly I owned and secured them with bungee cord, before dragging them up the ramp of my basement out into my parking spot of my house.

With little ceremony I stacked them in the back of my azure blue dodge caliber's trunk, and wheeled my dolly back to the basement. With that I secured the storm doors and turned to look at my little workshop, I had six total tables for display and playing. One work bench with all my tools and paints, with box's from both commissions and online orders of kits stacked neatly in order next to it. The stairs and trash bin were in the middle of the basement with the latter under it. On my tables were my personal army's I played with, starting with my newest was my five thousand model army of ulthwe eldar lead by my freshly painted Farseer.

Next was my pride and join my custom chapter of space marines, the Emperor's Truth, all one thousand space marines were accounted for including there chapter master Angelus. They were Royal Purple with gold trim like the Emperor's children legion before turning traitor in the lore. Each company was fully fleshed out in terms of war gear and vehicle's, plus I even painted chapter serfs and extra servortors for the tech marines.

Next was my sisters of battle army which could use some love, they were small only at seven hundred and fifty models. The majority were infantry and specialized units, they had there transport rhinos as well as some organ artillery. They were lead by my most recent addition the Canoness Seritia, accompanied by her Hospitialers.

Fourth on my list were my favorite to paint, the Guard. They were my largest and my first army, standing at over two full regiments of cadina shock troops. I had a full infantry regiment standing at five thousand models, mostly made up of fully companys of Guards men. At least four thousand were basic Guard, with over nine hundred being heavy weapons teams. Lastly they had over one hundred kassirkren storm troopers with full kit, that were lead by none other then general Creed himself.

The other half of the my guard army was all vehicles, one thousand chimera transport vehicles in all patters. Over two thousand leamon russ tanks of all patters I could get my hands on, over five hundred sentinels with five hundred basiliks artillery pieces. Finally I have two hundred and fifty hydra flack pieces, with two hundred and fifty manticors. Four hundred valkyrie gunship models were all stored on shelves mounted on the walls behind the Guard table with over forty tank commanders and ten supper heavy tanks that were all patters of the bane blade.

This army would be a wet dream to have to any warhammer forty thousand fan, and I had earned it by winning the national torment. I had a choice of cash and a trophy or the same equivalent in terms of models and kits. I chose the latter and spent a full six months putting them all together and painting each model, this army helped me get my painting service underway. This same list helped me win an apocalypse bet I made with my Local game store owner, my guard against his chaos undivided army. In winning I become a partner and now get of twenty five percent of any item ordered through him, he also promotes my painting service to those that dont have to time to put there army's together and paint them up.