Chapter 19: A Failed Outing

Start from the beginning

        His eyes twinkle. "Thank you, (Y/n)."

        I only smile before walking him to the picnic blanket, just as Ava is getting Leif back to it.

        When we get the boys to sit on the ground, Ava starts talking. "See this? It's magical barrier, much like my Cray-o-la magic! If you leave it without my permission, you die!" She states.

        I want to facepalm. Why? Why do you have to explain things so weirdly to them?

        As Ava runs off to find Pierce and I start walking away, I hear Leif talking behind me. "I hate this... but I do enjoy the thrill of my life being in danger!"

        I almost laugh. Damnit, I love their weirdness...

        I make it to the jungle gym just in time to see something... interesting.

        "Show is this... sacred dance you speak of." Asch says to the children. I'm honestly surprised how calm he seems.

        The little girl standing there raises her eyebrow. "Sacred? You're weird AF, mister." She says with a small smirk. "It's popular!"

        The boy beside her jumps up happily. "Yeah, and it goes like this!" He starts flossing, moving fairly fast.

        Oh God! My retinas! They've been scarred!!

        Noi's eyes glow with excitement. "Woah! How did he do that?!"

        "My eyes... couldn't keep up." Asch remarks.

        I stand closer, grabbing Noi's arm and Asch's sleeve. "Forget what you saw here! If I or Ava ever catch you doing that in our home, you will be destroyed." I inform, before dragging them back off to the blanket.

        Once we get there, Leif points and laughs at Asch and Noi. "They caught you guys too!" He mocks.

        "Okay, so we have sandwiches and milk boxes for you guys that you can start having while we wait for Ava." I start. I open the picnic basket, taking out some of the food.

        Asch grumbles, crossing his arms over his chest. "I hate this..." He mutters.

        "We'll go somewhere more interesting next time, okay?" I suggest, passing milk boxes to him and Leif.

        Though his agitated expression doesn't change, I see a small flicker of intrigue in his coal-blank eyes.

        Yes! I'm making progress with them! I didn't want them to be so hostile with myself and Ava. If I could build a rapport with them, they'll be less likely to harm us, right? That's a tactic for when you've been kidnapped, right?

~Ava's PoV~

        When I finally came across Pierce, I found him watching two old men playing chess. Without thinking, I run over.

        "Fascinating..." Pierce remarks, quietly, staring at the board.

        "Oh, Eva!" One man greets me.

        Oh no! Mr. Dracula and Mr. Green! They might see the others! Abort mission!

        "Tell your dad I'm votin' for him!" Mr. Green says, cheerfully.

        "I'm sure he'll appreciate that, Mr. Green!" I beam. "Heh, Pierce... what are you doing?"

        Pierce furrows his brows. "Watching them plan war."