Chapter 30: Daemos Affairs

~Third Person PoV~

Lady Bish stood in her room, hovering over her desk to examine that magic residue that Zex had led her to week before. Her faithful companion still remained with her, laying on the bed just behind her. She squints at the sparkling purple dust. "How peculiar..."

Before she could do anything more, her husband breaks down the bedroom door, his clothes and skin streaked with purple blood. "That battle was BRILLIANT!" He exclaims.

Bish merely brushes him off, not even bothering to look at him. "I'm sure it was."

"You should've seen the face of the enemy as I crushed their skulls into TINY BITS OF DUST!" Rhal's eyes light up with excitement at the mere thought. "WOOO! The battlegrounds gives me the figure I need!"

His wife ignores his words and enthusiasm. If she was going to be speaking to him at all in the moment, she was going to discuss the politics of the kingdom. "Is the war over then?"

Rhal laughs. "Far from it! I can't WAIT for the next battle! Ha!"

"Why is it were doomed to be ruled by brutes?" Bish huffs under her breath.

To her surprise and dismay, Rhal steps closer to place a tender kiss on her cheek. "Watch it!" Bish exclaims, not caring at all of his antics. "You've gotten blood on me!"

"It means I care for you!" Rhal states, proudly.

Bish rolls her eyes and lets out an exasperated sigh. "I don't know why you choose to leave that on when you can just get rid of it using magic."

Rhal stood up taller. "Nonsense! It's a symbol of our victory! Besides, we're in a magic crisis you kno-" He froze up mid-sentences. "Oop..."

"What?" Bish questions him, worry apparent in her tone.

"Uh, that's reminds me..." Rhal changes the subject with little-to-no grace. "Asch hasn't been around for months!" He growls. "Just as I was celebrating victory, I have to remember that! Why me?! Why me?! Why me?!"

Bish felt like she was married to a toddler. At least, with that, he may have some common sense. Oh, the things she put herself through for power... "Please, cry some more, I'm sure it will bring him back sooner." She replies, sarcasm heavy in her voice. She lifts up a potion from her desk, tilting it sideways, and tensely holding it over the sample of residue.

Rhal leans in over her shoulder to watch. "What are you doing?"

"Ahh!" She jumps and spills some of the potion, which makes a small explosion and covers both of their faces with soot. The both stand up, fully and Bish coughs on the ashes.

Rhal shakes his head, violently. "Ugh, the smell of fire! Which remind me of Asch!" He growls once more. "That little pain in my-"

"Could you shut up about that?! Ugh!" Bish finally explodes. "While you're busy whining an killing, I'm working on something that can help us!"

"A new weapon to split the skulls of the enemy with?" Rhal asks, excitedly.

Bish rubs her temples. "No."

"A new monster we can unleash upon our enemies to devour them!"

"No..."

Rhal thought for a moment. "Oh, um, I know this... A new weapon which we give to a monster which we then unleash upon our enemies to both stab and devour them with!" His eyes sparkle and he laughs, maniacally. "Rhal. Is. Smart! I-"