CHAPTER 31: LET'S DO IT TOGETHER

Start from the beginning

Lt. Ela Holmes drive her car and here I am sitting beside her. I stare at her and she's really pretty, pointed nose, curved lips, and an attractive eyes with natural long lashes and curved eye brows. A strong independent woman, she's really a girlfriend material. No wonder Lt. Drew can't move on.

I did not notice that I utter the last sentence so Ela suddenly step the break and turned at me.

"What are you doing Sam" I can sense the irritation and this woman is really cute when irritated.

"Staring at your pretty face, why?" I answered honestly since it's just the two of us. I notice that her cheek turned red a little. I don't know what happened to me but I think my heart skip a beat as I stared at her. Don't get me wrong I am not a lesbian.

"Are you doing that the whole time?" she asked with her irritated voice.

"Yes and I will spend my remaining time to stare at you." I said then wink at her, she avoid my eyes and continue driving. She did not talk at me again until we returmed to the station.

Captain Bret look at me with questioning eyes when he saw the Ice cream so I ask why.

"Nothing I am just happy that it's a chocolate flavor this time, I am suck of vanilla flavor." He said then slowly look at Lt. Holmes who is very serious doing her stuff in her PC.

"Ela loves vanilla, I think Sam choose that flavor for us and she didn't know that Ela don't want to eat other flavor besides vanilla." Lt. Drew said while looking at me as if informing me that he knew Lt. Holmes so well.

I did not answer at him and get my phone. I texted Ela.

"I'm sorry about awhile ago, let me buy you a chocolate flavor Ice cream after work but you should give me a ride 😊 Can you give me a smile? Please."

I press the send button and wait for her to get her phone. She get her phone then she turned her head and smiled at me, she is really a beautiful sight.

I go back on scanning my father's case report and got nothing, did my mother had something to do with this? After all she's the only enemy that my father had, she have another man who she lives with after my father died.

Maybe I should go home and look at my mother's old phone, maybe I could find and discover new facts. I immediately get a leave form and signed it and asked for my captain's signatory.

"It is so sudden Sam, why are you going home?" Captain Bret asked me and I bet Ela heard it because she paused on typing.

"Actually, it was planned Captain which I almost forgot." I explained, hoping that Captain Bret will believe me.

"I want to go with her captain, I want to see her hometown and meet her family." She said confidently that I almost opened my mouth widely. Why would she want to meet my family? If she want to go with me she can say that she's investigating her father's case as the reason but I doubt if Captain Bret will approve it so she's obviously using me. Anyway, it's okay with me but it will surely cause misunderstanding.

"And why is that?" Our captain's thick eye brow raise a little that I almost burst a laughter. Lt. Ela Holmes can be irritating sometimes.

"We just want to, just sign that captain. After all we are allowed to have our vacation leave." Lt. Holmes sound irritated that makes me and Captain Bret laugh. I notice Lt. Drew again, he is studying Lt. Holmes expression.

"Okay, relax Holmes. I will sign this of course and put your name here also." Captain Bret said who is obviously teasing Ela.

I break the ice by saying "it's 5pm already, let's go home guys." and look at Ela. I smiled at her and cleaned my table then I get my phone and my wallet.  I almost drop my phone and wallet when I saw Ela's serious face when I look up. He is leaning at the wall near my table with her cross arms and serious face. I can't believe that she's the one who looks irritated between us. I give her an irritated look also but she turned her back and walk towards her car. I followed her and hop in. After I closed the door she turned into me.

"So you did not plan to tell me that your going home for several days?" She asked angrily.

"Calm down Ela. I did not tell anyone from work until I asked our Captain's signatory." I explained and I saw her smirk.

"So I am just anyone from work. I don't have an appetite to eat an Ice cream anymore, I'll send you to your apartment directly." She said then she started the engine.

"What's wrong with you, I know that you really want to go to my hometown in order to look some facts aboit your father's case. Stop sounding like you'll miss me. Let me buy you an Ice cream first and I'll take a taxi going to my apartment." I said without looking at her. Yes she is my senior but I also get angry.

Silence fill in the car until we reached a supermarket. She stop the car and before I get out she told me to buy her 2 Ice cream because she's angry. I just give her a nod and get out of her car. After buying her Ice cream I knock the window of her car to give the Ice cream because I'm serious, I'll be taking a taxi from here. She did not open the window but she open the door instead and said "get in Sam". I did not replied and get in. I hand in the Ice cream to her and put my earphones on and close my eyes. But something touched my cheek, did she just kiss me?!

I opened my eyes and look at her who is staring at me and give her a "What's wrong with you?!" look but she just shrug her shoulder.

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER