The Flu

When rainbow woke up she was all sweaty, even though it was only autumn. Her eyes were watery, her nose was stuffy, she had a sore throat and her whole body ached. It was Monday so unfortunately that meant it was  a school day.

Rainbow: *to no one in particular* ugh I feel awful.

Just then rainbow heard her mother shout her.

Windy whistles: rainbow honey time for school!

Rainbow: *quietly because of her throat* ok coming!

When rainbow got downstairs she went and sat with her dad at the dining room table. Her took notice of how pale and sweaty she looked.

Bow hothoof: rainbow sweetie are you ok?

Rainbow: *sniffling* yeah dad I'm fine.

Bow hothoof: mmm I don't think you are. Windy?!

Windy whistles: yeah?

Bow hothoof: can you fetch the thermometer I think rainbows a bit sick. *he puts his hand on rainbows forehead* yeah she's definitely sick.

Rainbow: dad I'm f- *coughs*

Bow hothoof: yeah that cough and the heat from your head is telling me different dashie.

Windy whistles: sure I'll be there in a minute!

Bow hothoof: rainbow why don't you go and lay down on the sofa? I'll ring the school because I doubt your going in today.

Rainbow: ok.

A few minutes later windy came down with a thermometer, she went over to the living room where rainbow was sat on the sofa shivering. Windy grabbed the blanket that was kept on the back of the sofa and placed it over rainbow.

Windy whistles: baby let me take your temperature then you can sleep ok?

Rainbow: ok.

Windy put the thermometer in rainbows ear, and after about a minute it beeped. "41 degrees Celsius" is what the thermometer read.

Windy whistles: oh dear. Looks like you have the flu dashie. Let me get you some medicine then I promise you can sleep.

Windy gave rainbow the medicine and then as promised left her to get some rest. Bow had gone out to work which meant windy would be working from home, but with rainbow asleep it really wouldn't be too hard.

*time skip to an hour later*

After an hour of sleeping rainbow finally woke up. But when she sat her at rubbed the sleep out of eyes something didn't feel right. All of a sudden her stomach flipped and she threw up all over the sofa, the blanket and herself. She was so embarrassed,
In her mind she should be able to make it to the toilet or bucket in time, after all she was 15. What she didn't know was that windy had actually heard everything and had come rushing into the living room with a bucket and some tissues. Rainbow was now crying which did not help her cough or her congested nose. Windy sat next her daughter and started stroking her hair to try and comfort her.

Windy whistles: shhh sweetie it's fine, it was just an accident.

Rainbow: *crying* b-but I-I g-got s-sick e-everywhere!

Windy whistles: I know, but don't worry about it I'll clean it up. Why don't you go and get changed while I clean this up? I'm done working for today so we can sit and have a cuddle if you like.

Rainbow: ok.

After rainbow got changed and windy was finished cleaning up the mess, they sat on the sofa with a spare blanket that windy had fetched out of the airing cupboard. She sat on the sofa and allowed rainbow to rest her head on her lap. Whilst rainbow was in this position windy took the opportunity to feel her forehead again.

Windy whistles: you're still a little warm sweetie, can I check your temperature again?

Rainbow nodded and windy went to fetch the thermometer. After checking rainbows temperature it had dropped a little, however it was still at fever level. But with the flu it's not just going to go away.

Windy whistles: still a little high baby. Do you want some more pain killers?

Rainbow: yes please.

Windy whistles: ok be right back.

After windy gave rainbow the pills, they snuggled up on the sofa and watched films and just chilled. Bow was going to be late home from work so they wouldn't see him until the morning.

Windy looked at the clock and saw that it was ten at night.

Windy whistles: *shakes rainbow* rainbow sweetie wake up.

Rainbow: *tired* w-what? I'm still tired.

Windy whistles: I know, it's ten pm come on let's go upstairs and get to bed. You can sleep in my room if you like.

Rainbow didn't usually like sleeping with her parents, but when she's ill she'll take it.

Rainbow: ok.

They went upstairs to windy and bows bedroom. They got under the covers and within seconds rainbow was fast asleep again. Best thing for the flu.

A/N: request for Baileydash613

I hope this version is better, I personally think it's Better than my first attempt.