Chapter 14

Sky's POV

When I wake up I notice I am alone. I get up and get dressed. Then I head to the mess hall. Everyone is already there and eating. I walk up to Jasmine and sit down. "Hey guys." I say. They just ignore me. "Hello!" I say while waving my hand in Ella's face. They just continue with their conversations. I feel a pang of sadness. I stand up and walk over to the table where Heather is. I sigh and sit down. "Guys?" I say. They ignore me too. It's like I'm not even here. Suddenly I realize what's going on. I have to face my fear of aloneness. I stand up and walk to the center of the room. Suddenly Chris walks in the mess hall. "Quiet!" he yells. Everyone stops talking and looks at Chris. "Everyone, we have something important to say!" Chef says. "What?" Topher asks sounding worried. "Sky has...." Chris stops. "Sky has what?!?" Jasmine asks, she is worried to. "Sky has..... won this part of the challenge!" Chris said and walks up to me. "What challenge?" I ask. "Today we will all face fears. Some might not face their own though." Chris says smirking. "Can I please eat now?" Beth asks. "Fine." Chris says. I walk over to the table where I started and sit down. "You do not know how hard it is to ignore you." Jasmine says putting her arm around me. "I hated it." Ella says. "How did you guys sound so concerned when Chris was about to say I won this part of the challenge?" I ask. "I just act like something bad did happen and then I am worried." Jasmine shrugs. Topher hasn't said anything to me yet and I start to get worried. "Topher?" Gwen says. "Huh?" he says while shaking his head. "Why aren't you talking?" Gwen says. "I was thinking." Topher says. "About?" Ella asks. "Well, everyday we come in here and eat right?" He says. We all nod. "Well, I have never seen Sky eat." I start to panic. "Yea, I haven't either." Beth says walking over. I feel my hands start to sweat. Mike sees that I am nervous and comes over. "Don't worry. I have seen her eat some berries everyday." Mike says. "Good." Topher says. I calm down. "Don't worry, I won't tell them." Mike whispers to me.

We head to a field to face more fears. "Next up, we have Topher, facing his fear." Chris says. Topher tightens. "Duncan, grab Topher." Chris says. Duncan holds Topher still while Scott comes up from behind me and starts to drag me away. I'm not scared because Chris told me what to do. I start to 'struggle' but I don't get free. Topher tries to get Duncan to let go of him. Then Mike starts to drag Gwen aways and DJ drags Gwen. Topher starts to pulls harder but still can't get free. He just stops and back kicks Duncan in the shin. "Congrats. You win your fear challenge." Chris says to Topher. The guys let go of us and we walk back to Topher. "Dude, you just kicked Duncan." Gwen says. Topher just laughs. "Yup." I say and kiss Topher on the cheek. His face turns bright red. "Awww. Look, you made him red." Jasmine whispers to me. I laugh.

After everyone else does their fear challenge, Chris said he had one more fear up his sleeve. He said it was mine. I tighten. "Sky, you will be in a building with two way mirrors, we can see in but you can't see up." Chris says. I just nod and walk in the building. At first it is dark then a light comes on. "Well, well, well. Look who it is." I recognize that voice. It's Jake. I tighten. "What are you doing here." I ask, my voice tightening. "I'm here to finish what I started." Jake says stepping into the light. "Don't come near me." I say. "Look who is trying to be brave." Jake says. He starts to walk over to me. I back into a wall. "I said don't come near me." I says, my voice cracks. Suddenly I see and door open and Scott and Duncan are pinning Jake down while Topher is pulling me out of the room. "McLean!" Jasmine yells angrily. We see Chris start to walk away but Izzy tackles him. "Chris, Sky could of gotten hurt." Gwen says trying not to raise her voice. "Which would be good for ratings." Chris says standing up. "McLean, if you ever bring him back here you will pay." Duncan says stepping out of the mirror building with Scott behind him. "See, I told you Duncan would help." Topher whispers to me. "I just talked to my lawyers and they said that you are not aloud to host this show anymore." Courtney says. "That means no million dollars." Chris says smiling. "Oh, no, someone gets the million and that would be Sky." Heather says. We all gasp. "She has been through the most pain here." Zoey says. Chef hands me the case with the money in it. Then we all hop in a boat and go home.