I

*DISCLAIMER*

This is the second book to The Magician and The Dragon series. I do not own HunterxHunter or any of its characters, the storyline is mostly original but follows some of the events of the manga/anime to tie in the story together. I'm going to assume you know or have read/watched it to know the characters and the surroundings. That is all, thank you and enjoy it.

-2 months later-

"You can either come down to dinner willingly or I'm carrying you again" Lumi comes up to the office to threaten me. He's been doing this every day since I started back taking care of the clan. I don't blame him, I'm up here most of the day, and I hardly ever leave for anything. There's a mini-fridge with drinks and snacks so I live off that until I go downstairs to sleep.

"The odds of you carrying me either way are high brother because we both know I'm not moving from here," I snark keeping my eyes on my files.

Losing dad on the same day I lost mom hurt me a lot. It's like the universe has a personal vendetta against me or something. We discovered the next day that I had accidentally made an earthquake destroying a part of the forest that now has a crater in the ground. Perfect size for a very deep pool. The first month was the hardest since everything was left for me to oversee. A lot of the clan duties stacked up against me giving me no choice but to put mourning the death of my last living parent on hold to satisfy the demands of some impatient rude ass elders who find it simply absurd that a woman as young as me rules over them.

I've had to deal with a lot of black lash for that alone. All of the other families questioning my loyalty to the clan as well as my capability to do what needs to be done. In their eyes, I'm an immature child with a drinking problem who likes to cause trouble and run wild caring for nothing but myself dressing like a slut for attention. Their exact words too. They see my ascension to the throne of the clan simply as a joke to the ways of our ancestors. They seem attached to the idea that a woman isn't fit to rule over an assassin clan but to be by the man's side, as his supporter and mother to his children. Sexist assholes. They haven't even met me for more than one night and yet have an entire book of things to say about me.

Why didn't any of them say anything at my coronation? Simply because they feared my father above all. He was ruthless yet merciful where it counts. He was one of the greatest leaders they had, yet they see his daughter as the exact opposite of him. I don't blame them, because they're right. I can never be him, I don't plan to be either. Not completely anyway

With the clan taking up most of my day, the only time I get to see Hisoka is when we go to bed. He actually ended up regaining all of his memories, I don't know how but he did and I couldn't be happier to know that he remembers everything we did together. He's been popping in now and again to check on me, sometimes he'll just hang around the office with me for a while then I'd tell him to head out to do some scouting. He's still determined to kill off the phantom troupe and I refuse to let him put that on hold for me.

Eva's duty is to be by my side all day every day unless I send her out on a mission. She is great company as well. But Lumi does take her away from me when he gets the chance. I can't complain, who am I to get in the way of their romance.

Besides, Mizuki keeps me company too. She's been growing rapidly, to the point she takes up the entire room in her current form. She's as big and long as Mike. She usually spends her day playing with Mike and spends her nights on the roof sleeping in her full form. She likes to be under the moon. It is her element after all.

As per usual when shit hits the fan, everyone tends to walk on eggshells around me. Scared to say the wrong thing causing me to go off the rails. Everyone except my boys and for that, I couldn't be anymore thankful. Kill, Gon, Alluka, Athena, Ash, Kurapika, and Lerorio all pop in now and again, or even just call to check up on me, making me wonder how did I go from 2 brothers and a sister to all these amazing friends. Guess I should be thankful for that huh.