Chapter 40

"Ah, that's Twice and Toga" 

Giving a final drop kick, Izuku smiled as he saw a piece of debris graze the yakuza and took another flip before landing neatly. With a sigh and a rush of colours returning to his body, Deku slumped onto the floor exhausted, as the two villains ran to his side.

The other heroes were surprised with the hero Ryukyu's group suddenly appearing and Toga was completely eyeing Ochacco and Tsuyu.

The two girls were shocked that the Rock Lock hero they saw from above was fake. Toga had transformed to trick Ryukyu's group and Twice sighed in relief as he patted Deku's hair.

"Now that Overhaul is definitely going down since he's tired and overwhelmed, we need to go find the girl. I MEAN WE'RE GONNA FAIL AND GET CAUGHT ANYWAY SO WHO CARES ABOUT SAVING?!"

The two were both on the verge of collapsing from the yakuza overworking them and Deku could see that.

"I'll go since I still have the energy."

Deku smiled at the two and turned towards the window where Eri was watching the fight.

"Let's go"

Making sure his family was in a safe area, Deku teleported to where Eri was and she looked at him with confusion.

"Hello Eri! We meet again!" he greeted and although she clearly recognized his face, she didn't recognize the green hair.

I'll help!

Izuku slowly took over and although it was a strain to only let his monochrome hair through rather than his whole self, Eri immediately was convinced.

"W-why are you h-here?" she stammered and Deku smiled gently.

"To save you"

He held open his arms for a hug and she shivered.

"No! I can't!"

She looked upset as she glanced at Mirio.

"I'll stay so no one else g-gets hurt..."

She didn't cry as she held the hem of her dress, bandages unraveling to show her skin completely cleat with no blemishes, yet still glowing white.

Not wanting to scare her, Deku instead sat down on the floor as he smiled and just started conversation.

"Can I ask what happened to your arms?"

Not use to the kind approach, Eri stood there uncertain as she kept glancing at Overhaul, her horn on her forehead fizzling slightly before she replied.

"I-I'm not allowed to s-say..."

Deku nodded as he understood before slowly getting up.

"Do you trust me?"

She gave him a confused look.

She strangely did trust thing boy in front of her and the fact that his hugs were warm was something she could never forget the feeling of.

"I... "

She couldn't answer and Deku once again opened his arms.

"If you trust me, I can save you."

Uncertainty was obviously there as Eri wanted to rush forward.

"I can't... You'll dissappear.... I-"

"It doesn't matter" Deku interrupted and he could feel Overhaul's desperation from where he was.

He might be losing but you never know what someone will do out of panic. We should leave.

Deku nodded at Izuku and smiled at Eri, letting her know that he was going to do something before teleporting right in front of her and teleported out.

"NOOOOO-"

"-Huh?"

Eri shrieked as she pushed Deku away and took a few steps back as Deku looked at himself with confusion.

All his wounds were gone and he felt as if he was completely full, as if this whole mission never happened.

"Is this? Your quirk?"

Eri shivers and nodded before explaining how she couldn't leave because she couldn't control it.

"I see." Deku nodded happily as he could feel his energy flowing around.

"you have a wonderful quirk"

Eri's face lowered as she heard this and shook her head, pain laced in her voice as she spoke.

"I don't!"

Her memories flooded her and her box of emotions that she was trying to hide was shaking.

"They all say.... I'm cursed! My q-quirk...."

She started to shake from fear of her memories and Deku felt like he was looking into a mirror of his old self the day when Inko died.

"It makes everyone dissappear! It..."

She couldnt cry after all, if she did then her punishments would've been more severe that just getting her arms destroyed for research.

"It h-hurts!"

Deku's heart ached as he could relate to her.

But she's only a child, not much older from when I was also called... A demon child...

"Hey" he calls softly, the kind warm tone making Eri' s eyes shine with tears as she felt something she didn't know she had.

It wasn't just that Deku was kind, but the feeling that could only be described as empathy.

He's also been in pain...

She thought as she looked at Deku with hopeful eyes, a look she never knew she could do.

Deku smiled as he remembered the words that made him feel better as he crouched down again

"I don't know what your quirk is but look at me, I'm saved because of you see?"

Eri nodded and Deku smiled.

"So you're my hero!"

There was silence as Eri took in what he said and a bittersweet look overcame her face.

I got an idea but it might scare her....

What is it?

I have a theory on her quirk but she might be scared.

Well it's the vest we've got. Let's go for it! If there's a chance to save her then I will!

Izuku smiled and Deku faced Eri.

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Y-yes!" Eri stammered, still happy over being called a hero and Deku help open his hands.

"I'm going to use my quirk and pull out a body. I want you to know and not be scared."

Eri nodded and Deku smiled before opening his space as slowly pulled out the body.

The girl was scared when she saw that it was dead and kept quiet. There was something terrifying about how she felt compelled to listen to the kind voice even though she can clearly see that he was a killer. The feeling wrapped around her in a way she never felt before and she started like a deer at headlights.

"Can you try and use your quirk when you touch this person?"

"What?"