t e n.

[Hermoine and Ron have just gotten married a little outside of Amsterdam. Draco, who was there at the wedding, is now waiting for a train to take him back to Malfoy Manor, and he's in his tuxedo sitting on a bench beside an elderly woman]

{draco's pov}

I looked at the watch on my wrist and sighed. The time was 2.45am. Granger and Weasely had just gotten married and the afterparty was currently happening; but I decided I was tired enough. Normally, I'd be up for late night parties that included seeing Potter drunk, but it seemed like everyone was either engaged or already married. As far as I could knew, I was the only one who was there alone.

I slumped back on the bench, sighing as I did. An old elderly muggle woman sat next to me, her umbrella in her right hand. I gave a weak smile as she leaned her umbrella on her leg, making eye contact as I did so.

"What's a young man such as yourself doing out so late? Is it your wedding night? Is it why you're dressed like that?" She begin to speak , looking at my tuxedo.

"My friends got married today. I've known them since I was 11 so I had to attend. I'm not married. I'm single." I informed her.

"Why aren't you married? You seem like a gentleman and you have fair skin and pretty eyes. I'm sure girls must be throwing themselves at you." I chuckled as she said that.

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked.
"Of course darling." She said.
"I came here hoping there was someone I would see and hopefully get back together with. This was my one chance. It could have been a life changing night for me because she was my high school sweetheart. It's been 2 years since I saw her last at that train station, and some part of me hoped that she would come because her best friend is the bride. But I guess not." The words rolled out of my mouth as I begin to open my mouth.
"Was she pretty?" the elderly woman asked.
"Extremely. She was not only gorgeous on the outside, but beautiful on the inside as well. She had the ability to see the good in people no matter who they were. She was patient, and she was ever so forgiving. She had the kind of smile that could just make your heart melt. And when she hugged you, you could forget every single thing bothering you for that moment. Deepest apologies; I'm not supposed to be pouring my heart out to a complete stranger." I said.
"It sounds like you still love her."
"I do. I've been looking for 2 years;  looking and waiting and hoping. But, I guess the universe doesn't want us to be together so."
As the train arrived, I got up.
"Thank you for keeping me company, ma'am. I better head home." I smiled at her as i waited for the train doors to open.
As the glass door of the train slid open, it was like fate. Standing in front of me, in the train, looking even more perfect than I remember, was her.

"Y/N." It was like that first moment on the train to hogwarts 10 years ago.
"Draco." She ran to me, hugging me tightly as i begin sobbing.
I pulled away from the hug, and our faces were so close to each other. I cupped her face, and kissed her.

I could not remember the last time I felt this happy.

"Hi." She smiled, blushing furiously as she looked at the ground.

"Hi." We stood there, just smiling at each other.

"You waited for me." She said, looking up at me.

"How could I not? It's you."

"I love you. I promise I'll never ever leave you again." 

"I love you too Y/N. I've never stopped loving you."

I smiled at the old muggle woman, who looked at me and mouthed "Good luck" as we walked past her. I knew then that this was the start of our happy ending.