n i n e.

[Hermione's POV]

"Good Morning Thing 1, Thing 2 and of course the lovely princess hermoine. Marvellous day to be outside, don't you think?" Y/N came up to our table and sat with us as we ate our breakfast.

Harry and Ron rolled their eyes at Thing 1 and Thing 2. I chuckled.

"Marvellous day to be outside? You're an introvert Y/N. You have never said that in the 4 years that I've known you." Ron said, shooting her are-you-crazy-or-just-drunk look.

"What's going on with you Y/N? Why are you in such a good mood today?" I asked.

"No particular reason; just the holiday spirit. It's Christmas y'all. We should be making snow angels and making daily trips to Hogsmeade while we can guys." She said, as she grabbed my arm, dragging me outside .

"Get some food in you first Y/N. Then I'll do whatever you want. CHILL Y/N !" I exclaimed as Y/N shook me by the shoulders.
She giggled and as we ate some toast, we received Christmas sweaters with our initials from Mrs Weasely.

As we were walking out of the Great Hall, Luna passed by.

"Hey Hermoine. Hey Y/N. Y/N you look quite happy. That's good." She said , as Y/N smiled and hugged her. We waved goodbye to Luna as we saw her run to Neville and hug him. They had just recently become a couple. I've never seen Luna so happy .

We went to Hogsmeade for a butterbeer and on the way there, Y/N suggested we stop by the twins joke shop and pay them a visit.

"Merry almost christmas guys!!" Y/N ran and hugged them tightly.

"And a merry Christmas to you too Hermoine." Fred said.

I smiled and wished them a merry Christmas. I chatted with George while Y/N was looking for things to prank Professor Umbridge with.(Normally, I would be against this but hey, it's Christmas.) in the end, she bought a packet of Nosebleed Nougats.

"Wait Y/N, isn't today your anniversa-OW!" Fred begin to speak but Y/N stepped on his feet. She gave him the I'll-kill-you-if-you-blab look as her face turned bright red.

"What was that all about?" I asked as we left the joke shop.
"What do you mean? Just a friendly visit Mione."
"I meant the thing with Fred. He said something about an anniversary and then you stepped on his toes."
"You must be hearing things Mione. That was just friendly chat."

We entered the Three Broomsticks and ordered two butterbeers. The drinks eventually came and me and Y/N laughed and at one point, I think she got drunk. Dear god.

"Hey. How was Hogsmeade." Ron said, as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

Y/N had already left, and Harry was talking to Professor Dumbledore by then, so it was just me and Ron.

"I have the strangest feeling shes up to something Ron. She's never usually this happy. I mean, I'm happy that she's happy but I've a feeling she's hiding something from me. Suspicious if you ask me." I said.

"I think you might be on to something Mione. The other night, as I went down to the kitchen for a midnight snack, I heard her talking to somebody. Can we find out what she's up to?" Ron said.

"We might need to steal Harry's invisibility cloak for that plan to work tho. I know where he keeps it. I've been telling him to organise his stuff for years and did he once listen? No. Oh well, it comes at a price." I said, sighing.

That night, after Y/N had slipped out and I made sure all the girls were sleeping, I followed her and followed her.

She walked and walked. There was a dark figure at the end of the corridor coming nearer and nearer to her.

"1 month with you. Time flies so fast. Happy anniversary my love." the figure's voice begin to speak, and I recognised it as a male voice.

"C'mon lets go to the Astronomy Tower. I have something to show you." I followed them to the astronomy tower .

I somehow got there first and the Astronomy Tower was filled with candles, lilies and fairy lights with photos of Y/N attached to them. I wondered who was this in love with Y/N.

As I heard them coming up, I heard Y/N speak.

"Would it be okay with you if I told Hermoine we were dating? I think she noticed that my extra happy mood wasn't just because of the holidays. I can wait a while longer if you still wanna keep us a secret."

"You can tell her tomorrow. Plus, I can't wait to show you off to the world love." That voice sounded so familiar. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I left the tower and let Y/N have her night.

—————————— the next day—————————-

Y/N pulled me aside after breakfast.

"Hermoine, uh I have something to confess." She said.
"What is it?" I said. We were alone at the Gryffindor Table. Ron and Harry had gone to visit Sirius for the day.
"I kind of have a boyfriend now." she said, looking down at the ground.
"Who is it?" I asked, looking around.
"It's Draco actually." My jaw dropped.
"Please don't be mad Mione." She said, interrupting the silence between us.
"OMGOMGOMGOMG FINALLY!! HE HAS BEEN IN LOVE WITH YOU SINCE YEAR 1! YOU GUYS KEEP FLIRTING AND WINKING AT EACH OTHER SOMETHING WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN!! I KNEW IT!!" I jumped up and down, screaming. I shook her by the shoulders, and she laughed.

"Your knight in shining armour is coming over here." She looked away from me and stared at him.

She leapt from the table and into his arms, giggling and squealing as he kissed her. He smiled at me as they walked out of the Hall, Y/N looking happier than ever as they did.

I couldn't wait for the late night gossip sessions about him, and I certainly couldn't wait to watch them get married. I have a gut feeling they're gonna last.