f i v e.

[It's the aftermath of the battle of hogwarts; Voldemort is dead and everyone is getting healed; you're in the great hall among many other patients. You hear footsteps running towards you as you lay there, eyes closed. You can't open your eyes; it feels like you're physically trapped in your own mind.]

"N-No no no no no no no p-please y/n. Please don't be dead. Please." a voice says shakily, interlocking your palm in theirs. This feeling was familiar; you knew who it was. Draco Malfoy, your boyfriend.

You physically wanted to scream; you wanted to shout. But it felt like your eyes were permanently shut. Draco lay next to you and his hands ran through your hair.

"I remember how, when I first saw you standing next to me before we were placed in our houses, knew i was gonna have a crush on you. Then it turns out you were the twin sister of the famous Harry Potter and when you got placed in slytherin, i saved a spot for you but you never came. You sat with Pansy and crabbe ended up in your spot. Come second year. You smiled at me for the first time and introduced yourself during Potions class. Then, you became close to me and became part of my gang along with crabbe and goyle. In third year; that one moment in Care Of Magical Creatures. After that bloody chicken bit me, hagrid carried me to Mdm Pomfrey and you stood by my side. You held my hand and that was when I knew I fell in love. Fourth year. You didn't go to the Yule Ball because you didn't want to see Finnagan, who had cheated on you. You spent the night crying to yourself and, afterwards, when I went looking for you, you were on the way to the toilet when you bumped into me. I stroked your hair and you immediately melted in my arms. Y/N, I love you so much.I just want you to know that I will be here for you no matter how many stupid fights we've had. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm a horrible best friend. P-please s-stay with me. Please. I'm sorry. I love you ." his lips touched mine. They were soft and warm. He lay there with you in silence as he kissed your forehead, before he squeezed your hand, and got up.

"I'll be back with some food for you y/n. I'll see what I can get for you."

"Draco, wait." Your eyes are finally opened. He runs back to you and hugs you tightly, sobbing into your chest as you stand up from your mattress to greet him with open arms.

"I-I thought I lost you Y/N. W-we won. We're okay. It's over." He says, as he smiles, kissing you.

"Let's go somewhere. Just the two of us." He says, and you nod. As you headed back to the muggle world, you know now that it's over. You and Draco live happily ever after and have a wonderful daughter. You had the family you wanted. Life is good.