ⓧ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 // 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

Logan paused, trying to remember as well. "Thursday."

"Month... and date?" Johanna asked, rubbing the sides of her head.

"September fourteenth," he stated slowly. "Why?"

Johanna frowned, looking disappointed.

"Well... never mind, then. I'm twenty one now. Yesterday was... my birthday."

Logan's brows raised as he stared off into the distance.

Twenty one.

His mate was young... but not too young for people to judge them, considering Logan still looked like he was —roughly— in his early thirties; despite him almost being two hundred years old. Thinking about it a little more, Logan rolled his eyes in the process. Scott and Jean would likely have a problem with it; because they criticize and fuss about everything.

Though... Logan never —old timeline or new one— cared about their opinions, much less their "approval", to begin with. So, he'd just have to make sure the rest of the X-Geeks, as Logan liked to call them, were in "agreement" —basically Logan's version of them just butting out and shutting the hell up— and came to terms with the fact that Johanna was his mate.

And they would. Oh, they would.

"Look," Johanna huffed. "Can't we just agree that I'm not buzzed, and you're just a little... fuzzy?" she asked, shaking her head as she hiccuped. "I drank fur glasses of Long Aslan—"

"Aslan?"

"Long Iceland." Johanna slurred.

"Iceland now?" Logan purred, cocking a brow —wondering just how much of this would Johanna remember in the morning.

"Long Island! And stop distracting me, Wolfgang!" She grumbled, playfully smacking his arm.

Wolfgang, Logan thought. Now that's a first.

"Look... Loran—"

"Loran? Who's Loran? Because it ain't me!" Logan barked. God, he couldn't help himself. She was just too easy to tease right now.

"Logan! Listen—" once Johanna's voice began to crack, Logan stopped laughing.

"You're right," Johanna began. "I was being reckless. And stupid! And this is the second time you had to save me... and I was a jerk to you, and you didn't deserve that because you were just trying to help me," she took a —much needed— deep breath. "I just... I'm just... messed up, okay? I don't know who I am anymore, or what the hell I'm doing! You might as well just dump me somewhere, because I'm dangerous. Bad things seem to happen when I'm around! I'm just... horrible!" Hugging herself, Johanna couldn't hold it in anymore, heavily sobbing as she clutched her sides. Without any hesitation, Logan quickly pulled over at a rest stop and unbuckled his seatbelt.

If this was just any other woman crying —preferably a friend, like Rogue or Storm— Logan would've probably offered a kind word, or maybe even draped his arm around her shoulder. But besides those two moves, Logan had absolutely no clue on what to do next. Rolling his eyes, he could just hear his sister now. "You're such a robot, Logan!" Laura would tease. But maybe... she had a point. Because frankly, Logan wasn't even great at handling his own emotions very well, much less someone else's.