ⓧ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 // 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

"And then," Logan paused, taking a deep breath. "After almost a month of enduring what felt like my own personal hell... ya finally wake up... and then just take off. You were way beyond pissed—"

"But—"

"Yeah... for the right reasons, sure." Logan rolled his eyes. "But..." he stressed, "—look where that got ya? You being pissed, turned ya into a reckless firecracker, Anna! And sometimes, actin' all explosive, can get ya hurt. Or killed." Logan abruptly stopped after Johanna's eyes widened.

The last thing Logan wanted to do, was scold Johanna, like a child. Because she wasn't one. But what he did want, was for his mate to get the message. And Logan hoped she did. Because now that Orion is dead, a lot of people were after Johanna.

Amongst the dark circles in the government, like the Friends of Humanity, and organizations that are independently run, like the Sapien League, Johanna was most definitely the main topic of their discussions nowadays.

A Class Five Hybrid, Logan could just imagine them —the enemies— marveling. As if she, his mate, would ever belong to anyone else, but him.

Johanna was being hunted. The most powerful feral, besides Logan, Victor, and Laura, and now... the most wanted. Johanna's powers —lying just beneath the surface, ready to be explored— haven't fully manifested yet. And for Johanna to be paired to a mate like Logan, she had to be strong. She could be the perfect weapon —a Hybrid who could copy other mutant's powers. Who knows what or who Johanna could become, molded by the hands of evil?

Now —more than ever— Logan had to protect her. Teach her. Guide her.

After a long, and quite uncomfortable, stillness —mostly spent avoiding Logan's gaze— Johanna blurted out, "I feel funny for some reason." Her stomach was now bubbling, bile starting to rise. Taking a couple deep breaths, saliva was now thicker in her mouth.

"Darlin', are you oka—"

"Oh, no!" Johanna gasped, unbuckling her seatbelt and sticking her head outside the window. Soon after, she started to gag, and then... she threw up. After letting the cool air rush against Johanna's face, occasionally rubbing her back in circles, Logan gently pulled her back in.

"Feelin' better?" Logan asked.

Johanna nodded, giggling as she wiped her mouth —slowly propping her boots up on the dashboard.

"What did that asshole serve you, anyway?" Logan rubbed her shoulders, while his other hand gripped the wheel.

"I had some Iced Teas from Long Island. It tasted kinda tart at first," Johanna sighed, smiling lazily. "But then, it was really good."

Iced tea from Long Island.

Taken aback, Logan studied Johanna for a brief moment, realizing that she was actually serious; letting a little snort escape.

"Darlin'... ya do realize that ya drank a lot of alcohol tonight, right? Which explains why you're kinda buzzed."

Johanna narrowed her eyes, her mouth slightly agape.

"But I'm not even allowed to drink alcohol, silly! I'm only..." Johanna paused, squinting, trying to focus on the thin, updated radio screen; which she couldn't quite see very well. "Wait, what day is it?"