The Rumor ✓

Goblet of Fire

Neville

Word did travel fast. Everyone in Hogwarts believed Cedric and Serenity were dating. Everyone but Cedric, Serenity, and Draco of course. Although Cedric wasn't denying it.

I sat at breakfast that morning, having already heard the rumors I was upset. I pushed my eggs around with my fork and listened to my friends go on and on about Harry being a tri wizard champion. "What a joke." Ron says angry
"Ron you don't actually believe he wanted this do you?" Hermione adds.
"Well what else am I supposed to believe?" Ron exclaims.
"How did he do it?" Seamus asks.
"The twins tried that aging potion so it wasn't that, maybe someone put his name in for him?" Ginny says. I angrily push my plate forward loud enough to silence my friends. I grab my book bag and stomp out of the hall.

"What's his problem?" Seamus asks.
"I think I have a good guess" Hermione says.

I exit the great hall. When I turn the corner I see Serenity and Draco walking to breakfast together.

"Hey Nev, already finish breakfast? Want to walk with me to Herbology once I'm done?" Serenity says. I ignore her and push in between the two friends and keep walking without any more words. Serenity and Draco look at each other in confusion.

"Go ahead to breakfast without me, we can always just eat together at lunch. I'll catch you later." Draco says before quickly turning around and jogging in the direction Neville went.

"What the hell was that?" Draco says after finally catching up to the boy.
"None of your business Malfoy." I say keeping up my fast pace. Draco grabs the back of my collar making the me stop in my tracks and let out a loud choking noise.
"What the hell Draco!?!?" I yell, while rubbing my neck.
"look Loserbottom, I know you like Lea- I mean Serenity, and you know I like her too. Now to make this fair and with putting her before my own needs I think it's only right to tell you she isn't with Cedric. So you can stop acting like a daft child and treat her with respect. Ok?" Draco yells before turning around and storming off.

Draco

Draco finally finds a quiet hallway and sits in a window. He pulls out Serenity's missing sketchbook and opens it to reveal pages and pages of Neville Longbottom sketches Serenity had drawn over the past year. "Why him?" He scoffs to himself.

Neville

Serenity makes her way into Herbology. She cautiously takes the seat next to me while trying to not bother or interrupt me. Im deep in thought studying hard with my textbook open in front of me.

Phib the toad jumps onto the textbook infront of me and I flinch in surprise, I look next to me to see Serenity sitting next to me with a nervous half smile on her face, she nods toward Phib. I look to see that the toad has a note stuck to him again. I open it and see a a moving drawing of me giving her a piggy back ride and I drop her on the ground and we both laugh. The words "sorry not sorry" flash on the bottom of the paper. I let out a chuckle and look back at her.
"No secrets, remember?" She says
"No secrets." I say.

Serenity

I'm sitting next to Harry with our backs against a tree and Neville is in front of us searching the lake for aquatic plants.
"Amazing!" Neville exclaims.
"Neville I said I would get them myself, it's not fair. It sounds like you are having way too much fun over there!" I yell
"No way Ren, the water is too cold." He says.
"I'm not a baby, I can handle cold water. Plus It was me who wanted those plants in the first place." I say. "Whatever, I can't hear you, WOAH AMAZING!" He repeats.
"Guys, do you mind?" Harry says. I almost forgot he was trying to study "Neville you've said the word amazing like 100 times already, it's quite annoying."

"Nah, it's cute." I say, looking back at my sketch I'm working on. I look up to see Neville blushing but his attention is pulled away to something behind me, he lifts his hand up to wave someone over and I turn around to see Hermione, Ron, and Ginny making their way down to us. Harry gets up from the spot next to me and starts discussing something with Hermione.

"Amazing!" Neville repeats.
"That's it!" I yell as I rip my shoes and socks off and hurry into the lake towards him. "Say amazing one more time." I warn with my finger pointed at his face.
He smirks "Ah- may- zing" He says slowly with a mischievous grin.

I push him backwards into the lake and he falls onto his bum with a large splash.
"Oh now you are going to get it!" He yells at me. I squeal and try to turn away but he is too quick and he wraps his arms around me and pulls us both into the water. We are now completely soaked and shivering uncontrollably, but we don't care.

"I leave you guys for one second!" Harry yells while throwing his hands up in defeat.
"Cmon it's almost past curfew." I say as I push Neville into the water again, this time running away too fast for him to grab me. I laugh as he runs towards me looking for revenge.

Neville

Harry ran off somewhere in between us leaving the lake and getting back to the castle. I'm giving Serenity a piggy back ride through the halls making my way towards the Gryffindor common room when we are face to face with Cedric Diggory.