“Dale found it on the highway,” he told me. “Can you teach me?”

“Darling I can show you everything I know,” I said before strumming a little tune. I looked up to Andrea on the RV. “You got this?” I asked her. She just smiled and gave me the thumbs up. With that I handed Glenn the guitar and showed him how to hold it, which strings to hold for what keys, and how to hold a pick.

Shane and Rick were the first back from the search. As expected, the two got into a little argument and felt the need to consult with their wives. I noticed Rick went straight to Lori and Shane did the same, headed straight my way.

“Abby, can I talk to you?” he asked with a little roughness in his voice. I just nodded with a smile, stood up, and waved to Glenn as he got up and walked toward the house.

“What did you do?” I asked him once Glenn was out of ear shot.

“It’s not what I did, Abby. I didn’t do anything. I just stated the obvious,” he said frustrated. “I told Rick I didn’t believe looking for Sophia was worth it anymore.”

“Why exactly isn’t she worth it?” I asked him, keeping myself calm because anything other than calm would just make Shane worse.

“In the old days, if we got a call for a missing child, we had 72 hours before we were looking for a body. What are the odds she’s alive now?” he asked me.

“It isn’t about that Shane. Carol needs closure. And Rick is holding out hope because that little girl trusted him to keep her safe. Plus the only reason Hershel is letting us stay is because we’re searching for her. If she wasn’t missing, we’d be outta here as soon as Carl could travel,” I told him. “We need to try, Shane. It’s just logical.”

“Logical? Risking our man power, time, and energy for a little girl is not logical,” his eyes narrowed and he licked his lips angrily.

“What if it was Carl?” I got closer to him. “If Carl was lost would you ever give up?” Shane just looked at his feet for a moment then back up at me, mouth shut tightly. I just nodded and turned around to climb on top of the RV with Andrea.

*****

“Walker!” Andrea yelled standing up from her chair. I rushed over to her side and shielded my eyes from the sun with my hand.

“Is it just the one?” Rick asked looking up to us. I looked through my binoculars before nodding down to him.

“I bet I can nail it from here,” Andrea told me as she grabbed her gun.

“No, Andrea. Put it down,” I told her. “No need to use the ammo on just one.”

“Best let us handle this,” Shane yelled to use holding a bat in his hand. His shirt was hanging open and you could see every ripple in his stomach.

“Shane, Hershel wants to deal with walkers,” Rick told him.

“What for, man? We got it covered,” Shane said as he continued and T-Dog headed in the walkers direction. Rick quickly ran after them. Andrea continued to look through her scope and layed down on the RV.

“Andrea, stop,” I told her.

“Back off, Abby,” she snapped at me. I climbed down the ladder and only walked a few feet before noticing the men weren’t killing the walker. I sped up my walk when I noticed Rick lowered his gun. I just realized that it was Daryl when Andrea’s gun fired. Daryl hit the ground and Rick screamed for her to stop and I took off running toward the men to see if he was alright. I dove to his side and checked his head.

“It just grazed him,” I told the Rick and Shane. I moved out of there way so they could pick him up.

“Oh, my God! Is he dead?” Andrea asked frantically as she and Dale ran in our direction.