Chapter 26

A car pulled up in the driveway of the house. The gravel crunches under its tires and eventually the crunching was instead made by feet walking towards the front door.

One country is at the front door and another country waits in the parked car. The former mentioned rings the doorbell, they knock on the door also for added measure. It's not soon before it opens.

Britain's POV

Canada opens the door and steps outside the house, I presume it's to give his mother a hug. I don't see what they're doing, I'm standing to the side of the door out of sight.

I'm quite scared. That nervousness that gets so bad I could faint is back again. It's the presence of Soviet that makes me feel a bit better in this situation.

"Bonjour Maman." I hear Canada say.

"Bonjour Canada."

That voice makes me feel sick and I quite harshly force myself not to tear up.
I'm over her. There is no reason for tears.

"Please tell me you will go home this time."

I wonder what she means by that.

"No, I won't, sorry." Canada responds.

"It is useless staying here. I come every night to tell you to just leave but you don't. What is the point? If I know him, he ran away. Let him have his wish, let him be alone, as he left me alone."

I clench my fists at those words. I know I didn't give her full attention but this just feels ridiculous now. That line is becoming cliché for her vocabulary whenever talking about me.
I'm sick of it.

"Come on Maman, that's not entirely true." Canada says.

"Agree to disagree." She hums in response.

"So you're not going home then?" She continues to ask.

"Nope."

"Pointless. I love you, son, and it's nice that you care for someone as horrible as him so much, but this is pointless. You're not making any progress."

Horrible... I'm... horrible?
I can't of been that bad?
I wasn't that bad.
I don't think...
Not this again...

"Actually, I've made huge progress. Especially today." Canada says in a more confident tone.

I can tell the words said before annoyed him by the way he delivered that.

"Oh really?" He gets as a disbelieving response.

There is a long pause and I take it as Canada wanting me to reveal myself and so I do.

I take in a big breath and bite my tongue as I step into the doorway, making myself visible.

There I see her. The quite manipulative women who after an arranged marriage flipped my world upside down and confused my brain entirely on what true love actually is.
The wonderful France.

(This isn't meant to be offensive to anyone who lives in France, sorry if it comes off that way.)

"Hello. You certainly have some kind words to say behind people's backs." I say as a greeting to her.