Chapter 6

Me and Soviet stayed sitting in the snow for a while.

We talked for a long time.  Most of this time was spent making each other laugh. Soviets got a great sense of humour.

At one point, Soviet had grabbed his vodka bottles. After a little bit of staring and when I decided that I was actually thirsty, I took one of the bottles. This is vodka. I've never been good with vodka. I get so easily drunk off the stuff I just don't understand it.

We're still sitting in the snow talking to each other and I've finished the first bottle. Because of already drinking the first one and enjoying the taste of the it, I wanted another one so I took a second bottle. I knew it was a bad idea, however, because my mind already felt a bit blurry. Soviet seems perfectly fine and he's had two bottles. I definitely think I'm becoming tipsy, though.

I giggle stupidly at a lot of the things Soviet says. I think he's come to realise my state but doesn't seemed bothered by it.

"My heads a bit sore." I say tiredly.

"I'm not surprised," Said Soviet. "you said you weren't good with drinks."

"I am not drunk!" I say childishly.

I'm totally drunk.

Soviet chuckles. "Yes you are."

I cross my arms. "Nope! I'm not!"

Soviet shakes his head and begins to stand up. "I think we need to head back to cabin now."

"But it was fun talking in the snow." I say sadly.

"Mhmm, you want stay and sleep out in snow or head back to warm cabin with nice bed and hot chocolate."

"Hot chocolate!" I shout and stand up quickly.

"Yes, hot chocolate." Soviet says, clearly enjoying this.

"Okay, we can head back." I say.

"Okay, Drunk Rain Guy." Soviet reply's as he picks up the empty bottles and my second bottle which still has a bit in it.

"I said I'm not drunk." I moan to Soviet.

"If you say so." Soviet says.

Soviet then does something I have never seen before. He holds my still slightly filled bottle high up above him he angles it in a way that the liquid falls out and he drinks it all without touching the bottle to his mouth.
Soviet catches me staring at him.
"I don't want waste it, but I don't want to be gross." He says and shrugs his shoulder as he places the empty bottle in one of his inside coat pockets.

"How many pockets do you even have in there?" I ask.

"Enough get me drunk." Soviet says.

By that I think he means he has so many pockets he could fit enough bottles in the coat to get him drunk. But my drunk brain doesn't understand that right now.

"Now let's get back to cabin." Soviet said and began walking.

How does he know which way he's going? Does he know the entire woods or something?

I stumble a bit after Soviet. Soviet notices and slows down, waiting for me to catch up.

"You really weren't lying about the drinks." Soviet said.

"I'm not blooming drunk." I say grumpily.

Soviet looks at me confused.

"It's a british thing that I can't explain right now because my head is too fuzzy." I reply.

Soviet nods and continues to walk. He walks slower than before for the sole purpose of making sure I can keep up and so he doesn't loose me. We get on fine and are making a decent distance. I'm becoming increasingly tired though.

"Did we really walk this far?" I slightly mutter.

"Mhmm, it just seems longer to you because you're drunk." Soviet replies.

I give Soviet an annoyed look. "I'm not drunk!"

"Okay." Soviet says, knowing fine well in his head that I am drunk.

"Damn the vodka. I'm bloody tired." I complain.

"Want me carry you?" Soviet said.

I couldn't actually tell if he was being genuine or joking.

"Um... Yes?" I say confused.

"Okay." Soviet says.

Oh he was serious-

Wait he was serious—!

Soviet picks me up bridal style.

"I know this is bridal style but it's easiest way to ca-Goddamn, I forgot how light you are." Soviet says as he picks me up.

I feel so embarrassed in the current position and my face heats up due to it. I think I was already blushing though, due to the alcohol making me tipsy. I am a bit scared that Soviet might drop me so I cling onto the man.

"I've never felt so ashamed... I apologise... but this is so much better than walking right now." I say dizzily.

"No need apologise, I... Um... it's... er... it's fine." Soviet stumbles completely on his words.

I was listening but wasn't quite paying attention to the words. I was paying attention to his voice though. It soothes me in a way.

I lean tiredly against Soviets chest. If I was sober right now...

Well, if I'm being fully honest, I don't think I would change anything or act different. It's nice to feel calm and cared about for once.

————————————————————

Ah yes, wholesomeness.
Stay safe and...

Have a Nice Life!

Word count: 874