Spring-Nationals

A/N: SEASON 5 SPOILERS!!! OR IF YOU DON'T READ THE MANGA!!

Running as the air in your lungs fill and deflate in a matter of milliseconds something so small and incomputable to the race you and your team is under. After just winning your first match of Spring nationals you were only then told about the massive 3 set match of Karasuno vs Inarizaki both with a set each and brawling it out for the third. With this new information you didn't waste any more time in changing and zoomed out of the room leaving your team in the dust.

Sweat trickling down your back you just miss the end of the biggest game of your little ginger could face and with it the last time the Miya twins stand on the same court as their force of nature of a captain.

"Oya?" Oh no.

Slowly turning around seeing not just the shit face rooster head but his entire team, what a bunch of lucky bastards.

"Y/n-chan you look exhausted don't tell me you ran here only to find it finished?" Seeing his shit eating smirk anywhere makes you want to personally wipe it off for him. You give a nasty glare to the others to not even try it.

"There is something called recordings, Kuroo. You best be off now, I can't wait to see the trashcan showdown finally be settled once and fall all." Grinning like a mad man sends shivers down most of their spines, except for Kenma he was too busy thinking of how to destroy the little ginger.

As they soon left your red faced team huffing and puffing came crashing into you like a stampede of bulls halting like dominoes as if they were about to crash into priced china.

With day two coming to an end and after rewatching the Karasuno match about 3 times you can clearly tell that Hinata was trying to copy or maybe it was Kageyama who instructed him to do so but he was half-way there in that bam jump. Imagining the wood beneath ricocheting as a loud booming sound echoes off the court and the smacking of the ball, chills run down your body as the hairs on your arm rises.

"Y/n-chan, who are you going to cheer for tomorrow?" Sara swims over well more like crawls due to the little room everyone has in the outside heated baths, the chilly air prickling everyone's skins.

Puffing out steam like that of a smoker turning your head over towards hers, some of the other girls tune in for your answer.

"I have a kindling to know who the victor will be tomorrow, but I won't cheer." Some of the girls ooh and ahh at your definite answer turning back within themselves filling up the cool spaces with light chatter.

Getting up and walking out of the baths before drying and changing only seconds later does your flip phone ping.

Omi

Meet me outside

Changing into your oversized red sweater and jogging bottoms before walking outside towards the communal balcony, there millions and trillions of blinking and flickering lights up above in the dark sky glimmers as you see the small hot puffs of a certain someone. Seeing him already brings warmth to your heart, it's only been a day since you've seen each other and already you can't stand the withdrawal of him.

The 6 foot giant softly smiles at you as he walks over engulfing you into a big warm bear hug only he can offer and you can accept, tomorrow holds many long misfortunes for you both with two matches in the morning and the afternoon to see who will last longer in the endurance test of strengths and wills.

But for now that is a faraway dream, snuggling and cuddling within the cold shadows of the balcony under the blazing Tokyo lights and the small glimmer of the night sky you settle for this and only this as a sanctuary of warmth. The security he offers and the love you both share everlasting as long as you have each other.

"You better win tomorrow." Mumbling into his neck slowly grazing your lips against his cold skin earning him a sigh. His embrace tightens unwilling to let go squeezing the two of you together like squished marshmallows.

Nose tilted slightly high as the overbearing cheer squad moves in to 'energize the boys' more like annoying everyone else which is why you never asked them to come for your games but the captain always manages to swoop them in last minute, saying how its for the underclassman. More like cringe when you need cheerleaders to boost morale that isn't already there but seeing how the cheer squad for Karasuno did manage to turn the tables in the Inarizaki match this could turn out quite interesting.

The match started when Hinata scored the first point with his minus tempo, raising a brow many of your girls gasp for the first time seeing as an impossible short guy make the leap of faith, it was only Sara and Nova to understand what this means. You had dabbled in such fast paced spiking but seeing how demanding it is on the body and how exhausting is can be running around like some monkey you prefer not to use it.

For them it's a game changer.

Hinata Shouyou is one of them.

And after seeing it in your eyes they know how important he is to you probably as important as Omi is in love with you but equal as they be, both different in what context they are placed under.

Sighing from up above you can only wonder what that little brain of Kenma's is thinking of and how he can cage a tiny crow.

It was only half way through the first match when it came apparent that the boys are using Nishinoya to their advantage making the poor liberio dive for balls slowing down Hinata forcing him into a corner or more like into a cage. Playing him like a puppet to strings making it seem so he has no other option but to spike where they want him to.

But.

There the moment presented itself to him and everyone else a flaw that not even Kenma saw, the stats on Hinata are still leveling up and unclear when someone is midway through evolution.

The second set close to match point the ball moving in slow motion as you saw it his run up fast and secured into place the distance is perfect. Then came the boom and with it the land over the high horizon became clear a perfect hand lengths atop the blockers own brick wall Hinata smashes the ball through like the evolving demon he is.

That there is a golden ticket roaring to the world that he, Hinata Shouyou is worthy to stand on the court.

"I see why you like that one, eh?" Nova chuckles slinging over her jersey jacket, you make one final assessment of the match before with a satisfied gaze you turn around. 

It was obvious after all that you shouldn't underestimate the underdogs when given the chance to fight.

~*~

Eek I feel like some of you may kill me for this late update plus sorry about the spoilers but bruh that is one epic scene in the manga

Pacing might speed up due to story picking up some SPEEEED!