The Shrieking Shack (part 2)

THIS IS TECHNICALLY PART 3 BUT I DIDN'T GET TO WRITE THE ACTUAL PART 2 YET, SORRY

Post-Azkaban wolfstar

Disclaimers: some angst and fluff
This one is NOT a "rewrite" of the shrieking shack scene like part 1. However, it's based on the events in said scene. So still spoiler warning I guess?

Word count: 1558

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Remus had returned to his human form. As he left the forbidden forest, he cursed himself for forgetting to take his wolfsbane potion. Fortunately, he wasn't far away from one of his clothing deposits. His clothes always rip when turning to his werewolf form. So back in his school days, he began hiding clothes in different areas of the forest. The first time he turned into a werewolf at Hogwarts, he had to walk through the halls completely naked. He swore to himself that he would never go through such an embarrassment ever again.

His head hurt. Maybe he had fallen and hit his head. Finally, he arrived at Hogwarts. It took him over two hours to get out of the forest and up the hill to the school's gate. Remus leaned against the cold stone wall as he arrived. After a few minutes, he finally caught his breath. He had to go to the hospital wing, that much was clear. Though as he stood at the bottom of the steep staircase, he let out a deep sigh. He had a limping leg and multiple deep scratches across his back. His whole body was aching, but especially the limp made it quite difficult to climb the narrow stairs.

As he had finally left those stupid stairs behind him, he entered the hospital wing. "Remus!" a familiar voice shouted across the room as soon as he had opened the door. It was Sirius. He ran towards Remus, arms spread. Remus burst into tears as Sirius' arms embraced him tightly. The scratches on his back burned because of the sudden touch, but he didn't care.

Minutes passed in which they just stood there in front of the door, bodies pressed against each other tightly, arms wrapped around the other's back. They eventually let go of each other as Remus' crying died down. Sirius stood back a little, his hands resting on the tall man's shoulders. Judging by his red eyes, he must have been crying a bit as well.

"You're alive" Sirius repeated for the millionth time in a tone that was softer and higher than his normal speaking voice. "Sirius-" said Remus, who hasn't spoken a single word since he arrived in the hospital wing. His voice was shaky and he already started to tear up again. Then, his knees got all weak. He collapsed and fortunately got caught by Sirius' strong arms. Madam Pomfrey came running from the only occupied bed in this room. The small but strong woman helped Sirius guide Remus to the closest bed. He let himself fall onto the bed. Remus buried his face in his hands in defeat.

"Must have been a bad one..." Sirius said as he sat down next to Remus. He just nodded, face still buried in his hands. Sirius gently laid his hand on Remus' back. Remus made a hissing sound as he felt the sudden pressure against his wounds. Sirius immediately pulled his hand back as if it had been burned. "Fuck, you're bleeding" Sirius stated in a concerned but not panicking tone as he saw the reddish-brown spots on Remus' shirt.

"Let me see how bad it is" Madam Pomfrey demanded. Remus did as he'd been told and carefully took his shirt off. Three deep, bloody cuts ran diagonally across Remus' back, all the way from his right shoulder to the left side of his slim waist. Madam Pomfrey sighed and opened a drawer, bottles clinked as she rummaged inside of it. As she had found what she was looking for, she walked back towards the two men. "All right, that'll help," she said, showing them a bottle of bright purple liquid.

Suddenly, loud coughing came from the only other occupied bed. Madam Pomfrey rolled her eyes. "Gotta handle that real quick," she said "just put some of it onto the wounds till all of them are covered"
The two men nodded. "Actually, it would be great if the two of you could go somewhere else. I really don't want you to catch that too" she added, gesturing with her head towards the coughing kid. Sounds reasonable, they thought. They decided to go to the small room Dumbledore had provided Sirius with.

Madam Pomfrey had bandaged Remus' limping leg with some sort of sticky leaves before they had left. It felt gross on his skin, but at least walking wasn't as much of a struggle anymore.

They reached Sirius' room after a labyrinth of corridors that all looked the same. The only way to distinguish between them where the paintings of great and not-so-great wizards and witches. Sirius' room was small but cozy. Next to the single small window stood an old, creaky looking bed. Remus walked towards the window. The sky was grey and it looked like it was going to rain. Sirius meanwhile closed the door. He made a small hand gesture to ignite the fireplace situated on the left wall of his room.

"Are you alright Moony?" Sirius asked after watching Remus stare at the grey sky for over a minute. "You know how wolfsbane makes sure I keep my human mind when turning into a werewolf, right?" Remus asked rhetorically, still standing in front of the window. Sirius took a slow step towards him. "Without the potion, a werewolf turns into a beast that would kill his best friend, given the opportunity" Remus continued. He turned towards Sirius. "However, what I never told you is that we can still remember every single detail" Remus added and turned back towards the window. "Remus..." Sirius began, but Remus interrupted him before he could say anything else. "I hurt you Sirius!" he yelled and slammed his fist down on the windowsill. "I fucking hurt you! I'm a monster, a beast that should rather rot in Azkaban than walk school corridors!" He grabbed the windowsill and bent forward, keeping his head down.

"Hey, Moony..." Sirius said in a calming voice as he walked towards the tall man. He stood next to Remus and put a hand on his back, making sure to not touch the scratches. "Moony" he called again, softly rubbing the spot his hand was lying on. Remus didn't react. "Remus, look at me" he demanded. Remus turned his head towards him. He gazed into Sirius' eyes. Sirius froze for a second, startled by the sudden fluttering in his stomach. He took a deep breath in, then said "Let's clean your wounds before they get infected"

Remus rose from his bent position, stretched his back a bit and walked towards Sirius. "Might need some help with that" he said and sat down on the bed. Sirius grabbed the bottle he put on his desk as they had entered. As he turned around, he froze again. Remus had removed his shirt and was now sitting there, tousling his hair. He didn't notice that Sirius was standing there, admiring the view that had been offered to him. Remus' torso was thin but muscular. God, he was craving to touch his former boyfriend's body. Remus cleared his throat as he noticed Sirius glaring, eyes fixated at his naked chest. Sirius jumped a little because of the sudden noise. "Sorry..." he mumbled and sat down next to Remus.

Remus turned his back towards Sirius. He pulled the cork from the small glass bottle. Odd smelling fumes came from it. "Okay, this might hurt a bit," Sirius said and poured some of the purple liquid on to the wounds. It began to smoke and hiss as soon as it touched the skin. Remus breathed in sharply through his teeth as he felt the wound sting and burn. Sirius immediately put his hand on Remus' shoulder, trying to comfort him.

"It's fine," Remus said "I deserve it"
"No, you don't!" Sirius objected. "Yes I do, Padfoot! I hurt you! Feeling some slight pain is the absolute minimum I deserve as a punishment" Remus raised his voice at the long-haired man behind him. „Remus, it's not your fault" Sirius answered calmly, putting the palm of his hand against Remus' cheek. Remus felt the blood rushing to his head. He looked away, trying to hide his reddening face. Blushing like an awkward teenage boy, come on now... Remus thought.

A soft smile formed on Sirius' lips. He moved his hand from Remus' cheek to his hair, gently brushing through it with his fingers. He kissed him on the forehead. Startled by the memory that got provoked by this little gesture, Remus glared at Sirius for a moment. Then, he just threw his arms around the smaller man's neck and buried his face in Sirius' shoulder. Sirius returned the hug immediately and squeezed their bodies closer together.

"Thank you" Remus mumbled into Sirius' shoulder. "For what?" Sirius asked, then placed some light kisses onto Remus' bare neck and shoulder. "For caring... for existing" Remus replied.

"You know, you were the only thing that kept me sane in this hellhole of a prison. Sure, I came back for revenge on Pettigrew. However, the main reason I fought to come back was you"

"I missed you so much," Remus said in a slightly sobbing voice. Now even Sirius started to get teary eyes. He grabbed Remus' hair without letting go of the embrace, slightly tugging on it.

"Fuck- I missed you too"

- - - - - - - - - - -

Heii guys! I'm really sorry it took me so long to continue writing! I was really busy over the last few months.

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)