The Shrieking Shack (part 1)

Post-Azkaban wolfstar
Disclaimers: fluff, some smutty thoughts, and uhh... spoilers for The Prisoner of Azkaban? I hope you've all seen/read it by now!
Word count: 1327
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[in the shrieking shack]
"Are you going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius asked with a wicked smile on his face as Harry pinned him to the Shrieking Shack's dusty floorboards.
"Expeliarmus!" shouted Remus, who came running into the room, unarming Harry.
He made a waving gesture with his wand, giving Harry to understand to get away from Sirius.
"Well, well, Sirius. Looking rather ragged, aren't we? Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within" – "Well you'd know about the madness within, wouldn't you Remus" answered Sirius, still laying on the floor. A soft smile formed on Remus' lips as he stepped forward and reached for Sirius' hand. Sirius grabbed tightly onto Remus' arm and rose from the cold floor. The moment he was back on his feet, he nearly threw himself against his old friend's body. He pressed himself closely to Remus' chest as he thirstily ran his hands up and down the tall man's back. Oh, how he'd missed this...
As he managed to let go of the tight embrace, he looked into Remus' eyes. "I found him!" Sirius exclaimed in delight, still holding on to Remus' arm.
"I know" answered Remus calmly.
"He's here!" – "I understand" – "Let's kill him!"
"NO!" Hermione shouted as she took a quick step towards them. "I trusted you!" she yelled at Remus. Then she turned around, pointing at the professor as she told Harry "And all this time, he'd been his friend!" No shit thought Sirius. They had been close friends, yes, even more than just friends. Everything was perfect until he got locked away in Azkaban.

"He's a werewolf, that's why he'd been missing classes" Remus wound himself from Sirius' grip to slowly walk towards his student. "How long have you known?" – "Since Professor Snape set the essay" answered Hermione, looking quite scared at the professor.
"Well, well, well, Hermione. You really are the brightest witch of your age I've ever met"
"Enough talk Remus!" shouted Sirius, rolling his eyes "Come on, let's kill him!"
"WAIT!" yelled Remus, pointing his wand at his old friend.
"I DID MY WAITING! TWELVE YEARS OF IT! IN AZKABAN!"
This let Remus stop for a moment. He looked at Sirius, then at his three students. Eventually, he made a decision. He handed his wand over to Sirius. "Very well, kill him," he said calmly. He gazed at Sirius, dunning, as he added "But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why"
"I know why" came the answer from across the room. With a shiver in his voice, Harry stepped forward. "You've betrayed my parents! You're the reason they're dead"
"No, Harry, it was not him. Someone did betray your parents, but it was someone who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead!" explained Remus as he tore his stare away from Sirius' bright eyes. They had something enticing that had always cast a spell over him. It's been so long he'd seen those eyes, but they still had the same effect on him. His heartbeat quickened and he felt a fluttering feeling in his stomach. Huh, he thought, haven't had that happen in a long time...

"WHO WAS IT THEN?!" yelled Harry, making Remus' fluttering stop.
"Peter Pettigrew!" Sirius answered with a wicked smile on his face "and he is in this room! Right now. Come out, come out Peter! Come out, come out and play!" he shouted as he stepped towards the room's center.
Just then, Professor Snape came running up the staircase. As he saw Sirius Black, one of the men he hated oh so much, he unarmed him with a simple "Expeliarmus". Everyone turned towards the door in disbelieve. What the hell was Snape doing here?

"Ah, vengeance is sweet. I hoped I'd be the one who'd catch you" he said in his usual cold tone.
"Severus-" Remus said as he took a small step towards Snape, but he immediately stumbled backward as Snape's wand pointed at him.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle and now, there's the proof," he said, now alternating his wand-pointing between Sirius and Remus.
Sirius slowly approached Snape. "Brilliant Snape. Once again you've put your keen and penetrating mind to the task and as usual, come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to!"
That wasn't even a lie. They had the urge to kill Peter who had not only betrayed James and Lily but also Sirius. And mainly by betraying Sirius, he'd also betrayed Remus. They had plans for their future damnit! But then Sirius got arrested and locked up in Azkaban. Twelve years ruined. Twelve years apart from each other, No chance of ever meeting again. But then Sirius somehow managed to escape from the most secure wizards' prison. And now, they had another business to attend to: catching up on everything they'd missed out on for the last twelve years. And, Merlin forbid, they need each other. Physically need each other. They were starving. Especially Sirius was, after being locked up for so long.

Sirius meanwhile had gotten into Snape's arm range. At once, Snape's wand was pressing against Sirius' throat. Sirius froze at the very spot he was standing on. "Give me a reason. I beg you" said Snape, pressing his wand even harder against Sirius' throat.
"Severus, don't be a fool," said Remus, who was standing some feet away from them. Sirius, who could never bite back a sassy comment, just said "He can't help it. It's a habit by now"
"Sirius, be quiet..." Remus said menacingly. Suddenly he remembered regularly saying this in, well, a different context...
But now wasn't the time to think about that. Sirius, his beloved Sirius, got threatened by Snape.
"Be quiet yourself, Remus!" came the immediate response from Sirius. Remus could hear the anger in Sirius' voice, so he stepped away to not further provoke his friend.

"Listen to you two, quarreling like an old married couple" barked Professor Snape.
Old married couple... we could be one by now... both Sirius and Remus thought.

"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set?" answered Sirius, in all his sass. Snape flicked his wand in anger and pressed it even closer to the skin beneath Sirius' jawline. Sirius felt like being choked, and definitely not in a kinky way.

"I could do it, you know. But why deny the Dementors? They're so longing to see you" Snape threatened. Sirius gulped. He had no doubt that, after the Marauders' past with Severus, he wouldn't hesitate to do it. Just for the sake of revenge.
"Do I detect a flicker of fear?" Snape asked as he slowly stepped towards Sirius, who tried to avoid him getting closer by stumbling backward. He was hoping to trip and fall into Remus' arms. He was craving for a tight embrace from behind. Remus' thin but strong arms tightly wrapping around his waist, feeling his warmth, finally feeling safe again. But unfortunately, none of this happened.

"Ah yes. The Dementor's Kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best" Snape continued.
"Severus, please" Remus begged. He did not want to lose Sirius again. Especially not through the hand of Severus Snape.
"After you," said Snape as he let go of Sirius and pointed at the door.

Then, everything happened so quickly, none of them could really remember it. It ended up in Professor Snape getting nocked out by Harry, Sirius revealing Scabbers' human form and Harry mercifully bringing Pettigrew to the castle instead of killing him. As they all left the shack, they had to witness something horrible.

It was a full moon.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
To be continued...

I hope you liked the little spin I put to this infamous scene :)