Spread It

The virus created a huge mess.

No body knew where it was started. In fact, no one realized that it was a virus for a time.

The virus showed no sign of a disease. Testing blood samples or other fluids don't work at all since it is the nature of this virus. It will do whatever it can to infect as many people as possible.

And time of death was a mystery. Some people,they die as short as 20 minutes. But some, they survive up to 3 months, showing no visible signs at all. What the virus does is it slowly destroy the organs, different things affect on different people.

In some people, their fingers get shorter, their skin became so soft that being touched by wind would tear it apart. In some people, it makes their bones soft and some sort of mushrooms grows on their body.

At that time, the virus was not seen as a threat.

Rather it was seen as a conspiracy. Some people think a secret organization is using that virus to murder whoever they want and make it look a natural death. Some people think it was from God. Some people were close. They think it was from the aliens who visited the earth. Anyways all of them think the virus more as an interesting and beautiful mystery rather than what it is.

4 months later, there were about 500 deaths. Only then, a very disturbing thing was discovered.

The virus can't survive in the nature. It is not transmitted from anything like blood sample left somewhere but from physical contact with the person who has the virus.

The virus indeed transmit from body fluids but outside the body it couldn't survive longer than half a minute. That means touching things the positive person touch won't get you the virus, but touching that person will.

What was disturbing was that it also mean people with the virus are intentionally infecting the others. In fact, their survival has depended on infecting others.

That was why some people dies under 20 minutes but others made it to months. There is no cure, and the only way to survive was to keep infecting other people. Something as simple as a handshake would work.

That was the time where people learn they are truly fucked. No one can trust anyone anymore.

People are so afraid of a handshake from some one else.

There was no places to run except the Great Church, where all the world powerful men are grouped together. But whoever tried to enter the place are killed. It was impossible even to enter that place dead.

Everything people could do was not to get touched by anyone at all. Everyone is wearing gloves and a suit that would cover all parts of their bodies so no one can touch them.

For someone with the virus, it was cancer. They needed people to infect and now people are aware of them.

For survival, some of them decided to infect others in very violent ways, like breaking into a house, and infecting the owners by a handshake or simply touching the skin and later killing them.

The death rates are becoming in fact higher than one million. It is estimated that the virus will kill its host within a week if the host failed to infect someone else.

Therefore, the only way to test if a person is positive, you need to lock him up in a place where he can touch no one, for weeks. If he is still alive and seems normal, that would mean he is negative.

Using that idea, there come a group of people who call themselves 'the Survivors'. Their goal was to kill all the 'Infetees' in this world, which is the name for the infected people, and they believed it is the only way to stop this virus.

Many people joined the Survivors by passing the test.

The Survivors became as powerful as a US president would. And soon in many areas, it become a crime to touch a person, and the punishment will be the death sentence.

The Survivors were extreme. They despise the 'Infectees' so much that once they find one, they would burn him at stake, butcher like an animal, tortures by electrifying, makes fun of the skin, etc.

They believed that if you are infected, you should kill yourself for humanity.

In a sense, maybe you think what they are doing is right. Well there is no right or wrong.

For most of the Infectees, life became living hell. In order to survive, they needed to commit the act which is in fact more difficult than simply murdering someone. Getting caught would actually means getting brutally tortured and killed by a group of retards. Even one Infectee would want to attack another infectee since they couldn't share a person. 99 in 100 Infectees would not make it. They are the true survivors, like it or not.

In a way, one can say 'Survivors' are more corrupt. The 'Infectees' may infect others but this is for their survival and maybe it is selfish but it is something one should respect.

What the 'Survivors' have done was a very terrible decision. The truth was if they had a brain, they should do anything but give each Infectee the idea to unite.

Of course, it wasn't that stupid, maybe. It was in an Infectee's nature to only look for himself but at one point, random 2 or 3 Infectees grouped together, and started infecting from one area to another. One person infected meant one member added to the group. Within weeks, members reach to 6 digit number.

There was the power of unity and there was the vulnerability of it. The 'Survivors' didn't stand a chance at all. They might be able to find and kill one Infectee in a normal crowd, but now there are 9 digit Infectees coming to infect. They paid the price, of course.