Chapter I

Jayda POV

"I cannot believe your making me do this," I said as my mother pulled into the school parking lot.

"It's only been 3 years sweetie, you'll be fine," She said parking and turning to look at me.

"I'm not going," I said folding my arms sitting back in my seat.

"Girl you better get out this car," She said taking her seatbelt off and reaching over to open my door.

"Get out," She said taking my bag out the backseat and putting in my lap.

"Ugghh," I yelled getting out the car slamming the door watching as she speed off.

"I hate my life," I mumbled as I looked up and saw everyone looking at me.

I'm Jayda, I'm 18 and I just moved back to Atlanta after living in Los Angeles for the past three years. The summer after ninth grade my mother moved us out to Los Angeles for a new start after my father died from cancer.

(#fuckcancer)

Los Angeles was so great to me, I was having the time of my life until my mother decided to move back. I knew she was low key planning on moving back when she expanded her brand and opened up a new beauty bar out here in the city, but I hated the idea. I in healed a deep breath and sucked in my bottom lip and started walking to the entrance of the school. I made sure I was well dressed for my first day of school and I also made sure I had a back up outfit. My first day of school in Los Angeles wasn't so good, I had a strawberry smoothie spilled all over my white jeans and I had to walk around with pink stains for the whole day, I didn't want anything like that to happen again. I walked into the school and took out my school schedule and walked to my locker.

I already knew my way around from when I came here with my mother to register. I was walking to my locker with my head down looking at my sheet reading over my classes for the day when I hit something hard.

"Ouch what the fuck," I said holding my forehead. Before I could even look up I was being pushed into the lockers hard."Watch where the fuck your going bitch," The dark skinned guy said before walking off with his laughing friends. "Nigga fuck you," I said as my eyes filled with water. I hate it here.

I found my locker after being laughed at and grabbed my books that I needed out of my bag before putting it in and grabbing my purse out along with my watermelon sour patch kids stuffing them in. I got to my class and the door was locked indicating that I was late, great. I knocked on the door and took a step back as the teacher looked my way and came to open the door.

"Mrs Cheaves, Nice of you to join us, I've been waiting," He said letting me in.

"Hi," I replied walking in.

"Class this a new but also old student of this school, Jayda, She left here in the 9th grade and now she's back, some of you may know her and some of you may not," He said looking around the classroom.

"You can take a seat next-," He said pointing to one of the boys from earlier.

"She can sit next to me," A dark skinned girl said before he could finish.

I nodded my head and walked over to her at the back of the class.

"Hi my name is Destiny but you can me Dess" she said with a big smile.

"Jayda," I said giving her a small smile.

"I know I remember you, we were in the same 9th grade homeroom class," She said taking out her books as I did the same.

"You wouldn't even be able to remember me if you wanted to, I used to be this fat girl that everyone use to pick at. She said with a small smile but it quickly disappeared back to a smile.

"Oh sorry to hear, and your all thick and nice now," I said cheering her on with the truth.

"Thank you girl," She cheesed then turned to pay attention