Three

So this happened on 10th of July 2020. I still remember cos it's the day we celebrated my son's birthday.

We travelled to hubby's hometown for the celebration cos hubby's family wanted to partake in it. So after the birthday party, I decided to go pay a condolence visit to a close family who lost their patriarch.

Me: Kaima, I'm going to Mum Kamsi's house (note: her son bears my son's name too). I'll be back soon.

First SIL: oh wait, I'll join you.

Second SIL: Me too. Let me use this opportunity and visit them.

Kaima: Mummy, I'm coming too

Me: no way.

Kaima: So who am I staying here with?

Me: (surprised) your siblings are here. Your cousins too and other visitors.

Kaima: I mean, which adult am I staying with?

Me: your grandma and grandpa is here Kaima, please.

Kaima: let me ask again. Which young adult, that can run am I staying with?

Both SILs: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Me: Big Favour is here (Big Favour is the lad my MIL lives with).

Kaima: She's not an adult.

Me: She is.

Kaima: She's still in secondary school

Me: So? That doesn't mean she's not an adult. Some people school late cos of circumstances beyond their control.

Kaima: what is the meaning of circumstances?

Me: Kaima when I return, kindly ask that question again. (Turns to my SILs) please let's go.

Kaima: or you don't know how to explain it?

Me: walks away 🚶🚶🚶🚶