Chapter 3 - Resilience at Cang Qiong Mountain

Start from the beginning

"Luo-xiong," Wei Wuxian chuckled. "Since you're the Demon Lord, aren't you supposed to be in control of the demons?"

"I could ask you the same thing but for fierce corpses." Luo Binghe muttered in disgust.

Shen Qingqiu frowned to disapprove. "Actually," he piped up. "Binghe's the Demon Lord, but that doesn't mean all the demons would support him. There are some wild ones loose."

Wei Wuxian nodded to show his understatement. "Ohh..." Reality seemed to hit him.

It was then, the demons began to charge at them. There were over ten demons, and they all encircled the three main characters, their mouths drooling with blood. Luo Binghe pitifully spat at their feet. "Disgusting."

Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes. Wasn't he a demon lord? And he's calling those demons 'disgusting'?

Out of nowhere, a demon had darted towards Wei Wuxian. Before he could react, a glimmer of frost had slashed down at the demon, cutting it apart relentlessly. "Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian called towards the young man who just dropped down within their surrounded circle and sheathed Bichen.

"Needs his hubby to help..." Luo Binghe mumbled underneath his breath.

Wei Wuxian pretended to not hear, only racing to Lan Zhan and wrapping his arms around the man's neck favourably. "Ohh... what could I have done without HanGuang-Jun?"

"Mn," Lan Zhan nodded in approval.

Shen Qingqiu hid his dumb grin behind his fan. For once, he was the person that was eating the dog food!

Within a few minutes, the group struggled to slash apart the demons hurled their way. Their energy seemed to dissipate into thin air, with fatigue clinging to their limbs. Wei Wuxian panted desperately as he knocked a demon out of his way with Chengqing, almost losing his footing. "Lan Zhan, how many more are left?" He asked.

"...more are coming." Even Lan Zhan was slow on the uptake as he decapitated a demon's head relentlessly.

Shen Qingqiu almost fell over from his weak knees, however, was supported with Luo Binghe at the side. Luo Binghe helplessly watched his Shizun rest in his arms. He was a Demon Lord, yet, the entire situation was sticky.

The demons just wouldn't stop coming. They kept adding fuel to the fire.

It was never-ending.

Shen Qingqiu's eyes widened as he noticed a demon about to slash its claws down at his face- however, that demon was intercepted by an outburst of blood. Wait, what?

Blood spilt all over the two possessive couple. Luo Binghe had mainly covered his Shizun's face, but the trace of the scarlet red colour still remained on their robes. "What...?" Shen Qingqiu groaned, picking himself up from Luo Binghe's arms, but the younger one had pulled him back down. "Shizun shouldn't move." He pressed.

The demon that tried to attack them was completely soaked in its own blood. Its neck was practically decapitated, loose to the extent of almost falling off on its own.

"Sorry, we're late." A small cheerful voice piped up.

"Xie-xiong," Wei Wuxian sighed in relief as he dodged another demon. "How are things going with the rear?"

Xie Lian's robes were completely clean and devoid of filthiness as he answered, "San Lang and I eliminated the enemies on the rear. Cang Qiong Mountain should be safe in the meantime." His small smile could cheer anyone's day up.

"What..?" Shen Qingqiu was surprised. "How could you have cleared the rear?"

"We just did." Hua Cheng came over to stand at Xie Lian's side, supporting him heavily.