Chapter 44 - Emperor's Smile or Lan Zhan's Smile

Shen Qingqiu felt cold all over.

He'd withdrawn from the cultivation world ever since pushing Luo Binghe down the abyss, just crouching in Qing Jing Peak with a cold expression. He mourned for his disciple, but it had to be done, otherwise the system would've directly killed him off... right?

Perhaps, it would've been better if he died instead of pushing Luo Binghe.

He deserved to die for harbouring such thoughts. All he did was for survival, but it was despicable... at least, that was what he thought.

The door to his room was knocked.

Ming Fan asked, "Shizun? Are you there?"

Shen Qingqiu was hidden beneath his blanket. He pretended to be numb to the outside world, just mumbling the words, "Binghe" under his breath.

Outside the door beside Ming Fan was Ning Yingying. "Shizun, don't reminisce so much about A-Luo. It isn't your fault that he has gone missing."

Shen Qingqiu found his body tightening. But it was me who pushed him...

All of a sudden, his blanket was whipped off from his head. Shen Qingqiu's eyes widened as he was greeted with a familiar face. Luo Binghe wore a dark expression, akin to that of a demon. A gust of cold wind had pierced against Shen Qingqiu's skin, making him shiver all over.

"Shizun." The dark eyes of Luo Binghe were like an abyss, trying to suck him in.

Cold placated all over Shen Qingqiu. "Binghe..."

Out of nowhere, he was grabbed by the neck. Instantly, his thin figure was poised up in the air. Veins scrambled around his neck, as Shen Qingqiu found himself being squeezed. He could hardly breathe, and his eyelashes flickered from panic.

His calm heart had jumped up from unrest.

Luo Binghe continued squeezing the Peak Master's neck, feeling it on the verge of snapping in his palms. "Why must you be so cruel to me, Shizun?"

Shen Qingqiu couldn't respond. He was about to fully collapse.

The voices of Ming Fan and Ning Yingying from outside had vanished, as if they were an illusion the entire time.

Shen Qingqiu found his vision darkening.

He thought to himself that this was retribution. Humans are all so greedy, and they yearn for things that they do not have themselves. All of a sudden, Shen Qingqiu extended out a hand to grasp onto Luo Binghe's grip, which was still choking himself. Shen Qingqiu tugged, managing to pull his disciple's hand off his throat by a small margin.

It was like a ray of light had shone past the dark night.

Shen Qingqiu coughed. He could feel the air returning to his lungs. "You're not Binghe."

Luo Binghe's eyes of darkness remained unmoved. "Why so?"

"Binghe would rather fuck me to death than by strangling." Shen Qingqiu smiled mockingly. "Why don't you kneel down, cry, hug my thigh, and coax me? I might change my mind then."

The fake Luo Binghe was a bit surprised.

Before he could recover, Shen Qingqiu had already torn his grip off from his neck. The Peak Master collapsed onto his bamboo bed, coughing quite a few times. Not wanting to waste a single second, Shen Qingqiu had already grasped onto his sword, Xiuya.

The sword began to automatically shake, upon feeling its master's presence.

"Your methods are quite cruel." Shen Qingqiu smirked. He thrusted Xiuya at the fake Luo Binghe, who began to dodge. "However, I've experienced crueller." Shen Qingqiu didn't leave the impersonator any room for breath.