𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝙸𝚕𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

Emperor's Office

"But Papa~ Claude is lonely in that place." Athena whined. "Not to mention, he doesn't have a knight.  Duke Robane's son, Felix, is a knight in training. Why don't you appoint him as his knight?" She pouted.

Eibom sighed and looked up from the documents only to freeze at the sight of his daughter wearing bunny ears.

Yes. It seems it's working. Athena smirked mentally. She beamed as a light blush formed on her cheeks which prompted Eibom to turn to stone from shock.

Athena looked at her father with puppy dog eyes and tilted her head slightly. "Won't you let Claude live in the palace with us, Papa?" Sparkles appeared around her. "And appoint Felix as his knight? He's really lonely he needs a friend." She smiled brightly.

Crack!

"F-Fine. But..."Eibom stuttered to her shock. He narrowed his eyes at the bunny ears.

Athena tilted her head adorably. "But?"

Lightning struck Eibom as he shakily extended his hand and took off the bunny ears. "You're forbidden from wearing this." He cleared his throat. "Never show it to someone again, or I'll kill them."

"I agree, as well." A cold voice said, sending shivers down Athena's spine.

They turned around and saw a blushing Anastacius who was staring at his twin sister.

"O-Okay." She sweatdropped.

.

.

Ruby Palace - Night time

Everyone knew that the Emperor's third child wasn't favoured by the royal family. His name was proof that the Emperor didn't accept him unlike the Crown Prince and Princess whose names were Anastacius and Ambrosia meaning immortality. That is why they were going to assassinate the Prince in his palace; they knew that they would not have to fight any knights or guards. He was the outcast Prince after all. But what they did not know was that the Crown Princess and future Empress of Obelia cared about the little blonde with all her heart and would kill anyone who hurt her precious younger brother.

Five assassins surrounded a battered and bruised Claude who trembled under their eyes and closed his eyes in defeat. I'm sorry I can't see you again, Thena. A tear slid down his cheek.

Before the assassin could kill Claude, he was sent flying to the wall by a wave of magic.

"You trash, you dare harm my little brother." A cold voice froze all the assassins in their place.

Claude slowly opened his eyes and was surprised at the sight of his older sister glaring at them. He had never seen her so scary before.

They all turned towards the voice and shivered at the glaring cold jewel eyes pinning them down. It was the Crown Princess holding a sword in her hands. The image of the current Emperor enveloped her figure to their horror. It was now that they knew that the princess was terrifying as the current Emperor and the rumours of her being a naive girl were false.

"Close your eyes, little brother." Athena said glancing at the trembling blonde Prince.

Claude nodded hesitantly and closed his eyes.

Athena narrowed her eyes at the assassins and lunged at them.

That night was when everyone understood that the Crown Princess isn't a pushover but would happily massacre anyone who hurts her loved ones. The maids - who were of noble descent -were shocked and terrified at the scene in front of them. All their plans of influencing the princess were shattered to pieces like the illusion they had of the princess that she was naive and foolish for the crown.

Athena cradled Claude in her arms and gently patted his back in a gentle movement. "It's okay, little brother. I'm here." Claude slowly opened his jewel blue eyes and looked up at his sister. "T-Thena..."

"Shh, it's okay I'm here." Athena hugged him tightly when she noticed the tremors. "It's okay to cry, little brother. Crying doesn't mean you're weak."

Claude hugged his sister tightly and sobbed quietly. "I was scared!!!"

"Don't worry. I'll protect you from everything. I'm your older sister after all." She smiled kindly at him.

Claude's eyes widened in surprise. He tightened his hold and buried his head in her chest.

Athena hummed a tune that slowly put him to sleep. She looked down and saw the blonde fast asleep in her arms. She smiled and kissed his temple before muttering a spell for good dreams.