I knew Dhruv was never a person to raise a hand on women. I felt a little guilty for even having such ridiculous thoughts about my handsome dude.

Her sobs brought me out of my thoughts. I immediately smacked my head for zoning off at this situation.

I patted her back a little in a consoling manner and handed a water bottle that she previously drank from.

"Akka. I never imagined that you are going through-" she cut me off in the middle.

"Aarna, what would you do, if you were me?"

Hearing this, indignation appeared between my brows. Without thinking anything, I answered her truthfully,

"Of course I would get a divorce. I can't get myself to face that scumbag ever again when he asked me to abort my baby."

She looked at me with somewhat amusement and laughed lightly in between her tears.

"I think you forgot about my dad here." She reminded me. I furrowed my eyebrows in return.

"Akka, If I were you, I would have told my dad everything. Yeah. I agree. Given his health condition, I shouldn't make him worry the most but he is my father, my superhero. So I'll ask him to stay strong to fight for me. Instead of thinking about his past mistakes, I will ask him to focus on the present and tell him to stand beside me to face this world. Moreover good or bad, he has to know everything as he is the one who made this decision in the past. Since he dared to take that decision in the past, it means he is capable enough to handle the outcome too." I told her and she smiled at me in return.

"Do you think it is easy?"

"Yeah. It is. Because you have a life inside you to think about. You have to put your baby above everyone. Leave everything to your father. He is the one who created all this mess. So he will clear it. Tell him as soon as possible and focus on your baby." I told her my honest opinion, even Chinnu too cooed along with me in his baby voice, making us smile at his behavior.

"See..even chinnu too agreed to it. You better do it or else he will use his weapon on you." I told while tickling his sides lightly and he started giggling in glee.

"I'll think about it." She said

"Akka, from what I have heard from you, your ex-boyfriend seems to be a decent fellow. If you have given a chance to get back with him, will you grab that chance?" I asked her, thinking about Dhruv, as her situation was pretty similar to his.

Hearing my question, she smiled at herself self-deprecatingly and answered, " Do I even have that chance? To be frank, after my marriage I never once tried to contact him or tried to know anything about him. I don't even know whether he is single or married and I never have any intentions of getting back together with him again, even if he is single."

"Why should I? Back then, I was the one who broke his heart. So I never deserved a second chance in my life. If I am correct, he must be hating me right now and he has every right to do it though. So no hard feelings. I will never go back to his life and spoil it again. Now my priority is to get a good job to look after my baby once everything gets settled."

I was really surprised by her answer. These days, hardly there was someone who really thinks in that way. So my respect for her increased after hearing her noble thoughts.

As I didn't know what to answer, I simply nodded at her in an appreciating manner, before removing the tassels that chinnu was about to place in his mouth.

He looked at me and I could see the trembling of his lower lip. Knowing very well that he was going to cry again, I called one of the staff there urgently to grab a milk bottle for him.

She hurriedly brought it and I placed the teat of the milk bottle into his mouth immediately before releasing a sigh in relief.

"This guy is so cute." Ankitha Akka said softly.

Hearing her voice, he started to stretch his head back to have a glance at her.

"Don't strain your neck. You can see her after filling your tummy." I said while placing his head properly on my lap and poked his chubby cheeks.

"Chinnu..you are becoming a cry baby. It isn't cool. No girl will like you if you start crying over every little thing." I told him in a babyish voice

While sucking hard on the milk bottle, he looked sideways to glance at me like he was saying,

"Nonsense! Didn't you see how long you ignored me while talking to that Aunty? I was waiting for your attention for hours. When I was about to cry out of hunger, you are accusing me of all the silly things. Even if I did have an attitude before, I became too famished to have one anymore. What do you know? Such a cruel old lady".

Though he didn't say anything but his expression was like he was saying all the above words.

I looked at him for a while with my pursed lips and he lazily shifted his gaze away from me, before finishing his bottle.

I smiled at his adorable face and I really hope for Dhruv to accept this little guy soon because I can't wait anymore to have him with me all the time.

When I saw his empty bottle, I removed it from his mouth. I lifted him and made him lay on my shoulder before started rubbing his back, till he burped. After that, he started playing with my mangalsutra while sucking on his fingers, making silly sounds.

"You are married?" Ankitha Akka asked me after seeing the mangalsutra on my neck and I nodded at her slowly with a smile.

"You will make a good mother. Your husband must be a lucky guy." She said making me embarrassed a little.

"Yeah. For that matter, he is damn lucky." I quipped and she laughed at my words.

"Btw, what's the name of that lucky guy?"

Thanks for reading.

Hope you guys have enjoyed the chapter.

Do vote and comment.