Chapter Two ; Elegant steps, calloused hands

Dream had never stepped inside the palace before. He had always thought it was going to be a dark and gloomy place, as it had been in the ancient ruins of the nether. But no, the palace was bustling and joyful, adorning beautiful tapestries and paintings of the great rulers. The flooring was lined with blood red carpeting and the walls were a soft peach color.  So by the time Dream and the guards reached the king's quarters, he wasn't surprised by the door lined in gold.

One of the guards knocked and shortly after a hum of approval was heard from the other side.

Inside, the king sat on his bed, his flowing hair reaching down to his lower back. He wore a red silk robe, which magnificently showcased his smooth skin. Dream never thought the king could be this beautiful.

"Remove his restraints." The king demanded, picking up a glass of wine from his bedside table.

The guards complied, their determined looks never wavering.

"Leave us be. Make sure no one enters nor leaves."

The guards nodded at their king and went on their merry way. Dream glanced around him, specifically at the balcony behind the king, planning his escape.

 Dream glanced around him, specifically at the balcony behind the king, planning his escape

"You cannot escape me, Dream." Technoblade said calmly, as if reading his mind. He took a sip of his wine and stood, taking calculated steps toward the assassin. "You are an interesting specimen." He grabbed onto Dream's chin, turning him back and forth as if he's jewellery that needs it's value tested. "A sharp jawline, green eyes, smooth skin. You have potential."

Dream squirmed, trying to push him off, but the king's grip was too strong. He took the moment to look at Techno closer and noticed that behind his long lashes and soft eyeliner were bright red eyes shining like rubies.

"Potential for what?" He said, venom laced in his words.

"How would you like a job?" Techno asked, dismissing his question. 

Dream raised his eyebrow, confused, "A job? What kind of job?"

"Be my trophy husband."

Dream nearly choked. "I— Wait—"

Techno cut him off, "You'll be the eye candy I take to meetings and events. And you won't have to do any dirty work." He circled Dream and turned him towards a mirror, forcing him to look at himself, "Think about it, all you have is stand there and look pretty and in return, you'll be able to have anything your heart desires."

"Wha—" Dream was in a state of shock, this was the last thing he expected, "No way! I refuse to be your plaything!"

Techno groaned, rubbing his free hand over his face, "Why do you have to make this so difficult."

Dream watched carefully as Techno took one last sip of his wine before placing it back on the bedside table.