Chapter One ; Dream is Screwed

Dream was running.

He knew he shouldn't have trusted Antfrost, the man had far too many ties to him. Dream hoped that perhaps an old friend would let him sleep in peace for once, but no, he had to give him up to the royal guard.

And those royal pigs sure were fast. He was running out of swiftness potions and they were starting to catch up. Dream knew this was the end, the desert he was running through was far too open to hide and all his fighting gear was stolen just a few days ago.

He abruptly stopped, raising his arms in defeat. He'd rather not waste his energy running when he knows he'll be caught.

Three guards pointed enchanted crossbows at him. Considering his limited armor, he guessed all three shots could easily kill him.

 Considering his limited armor, he guessed all three shots could easily kill him

"Drop your belongings." The fourth guard demanded, firmly holding an axe and a shield.

Dream complied, thanking himself for leaving his dagger in his boot.

"You shall follow me to town. If you try anything, the bowmen will not hesitate to shoot." Dream gulped, this was going to be bad.

-

He hadn't stepped into this city ever since he found out he had a bounty on his head. The new king changed a lot, he thought to himself, watching as the people cleared the way for the guards. They cheered for their heroes, a striking contrast to the fear he saw years ago. He distantly wondered if his parents were still in the city, he'll have to visit them someday.

Once they reached the city square, Dream was roughly handled into the executioners hands. He wouldn't even have a trial. That's fair, especially since he did assassinate Notch. Not his best work, but he did get big bucks for it.

His arms were bound behind his back and poison was administered. Standard protocol, this wouldn't be the first time he escaped an execution. What he didn't except however, was someone cutting off the knot to his mask.

"Hey— What the hell?!" He squirmed against his restraints but alas, it didn't budge

"Hey— What the hell?!" He squirmed against his restraints but alas, it didn't budge. "At least let me die with dignity!"

The executioner scoffed, "Did you let SkyDoesMinecraft die with dignity when you hung his head on stick?" Oh, yeah, maybe I did do that, Dream thought, but he still wiggled his bound arms to signal his discomfort.

"Dream!" He shot up his gaze towards some nobleman, "You have committed crimes against humanity, murdered the nation's heroes and have been a menace to society! You have proven yourself to be unworthy of life!" The nobleman stared him straight in the eyes, "Your sentence is death."

Dream is screwed.

-

The poison had started to set in. He knew one wrong movement would instantly kill him.

The archer next to the king drew his bow, aiming with deadly precision.

Dream knew he only had one chance of escape. A totem of undying was snugly hidden in one boot and a dagger was in the other. He mentally thanked himself for wearing long boots.

He heard the countdown start and shut his eyes, ready to execute his plan.

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two—

The countdown abruptly stopped.

Dream opened his eyes, confused.

There stood the pink-haired king, off his throne and an arm in the air. Whispers ensued as all eyes were on the king.

His loud yet monotone voice rang through the city center, "Stop this nonsense

His loud yet monotone voice rang through the city center, "Stop this nonsense. Take him to my quarters immediately."

Dream's breath hitched. He couldn't believe it. He never payed attention to the monarchs, but he knew this man was powerful. He didn't know what he wanted from him, but it definitely couldn't be any good.

He was promptly taken away, perhaps to his worst nightmare or maybe to a soft, comfortable bed, whatever it is, Dream is ready to face it.

But one thing is certain, Dream is screwed.