Chapter 16

"Oh." Mark said, once Yerin was done talking. "He's probably referring to Jaemin's first love."

"First love?" Yerin asked. Mark nodded.

"It was a while back, when they first came here." Mark began to explain. "Her name was Sieun. You probably know her as a famous model now."

Yerin nodded her head. "Yeah, I recognize the name."

"Yeah, well Sieun used to attend Dream. She was a little older than me, a noona to us all. Anyways, Jaemin fell for her and he fell for her hard. He started doing outside gigs that she did, following her around. He almost flunked out of school because of her." Mark continued.

"What happened?" Yerin asked, curious.

"Well, turns out that Sieun liked this actor and barely knew who Jaemin was. Poor Jaemin was so sad, he cried for a week and stayed in bed for the longest time. We lied and told Taeyong he was sick with stomach flu just so he wouldn't get kicked out." Mark told her.

"Anyways, Sieun eventually left and that's when Jaemin vowed that he wouldn't fall for another again, focusing on his work instead. The good part was that he had gained a lot of connections and recognition from his work so that's why Jaemin has such a good portfolio."

"But he still can't get into a film company." Yerin blurted out.

Mark eye's widened in surprise. "He can't?"

Yerin nodded her head. "They still think he's an amateur and want recommendation from the school but Johnny won't give it to him. Plus he's banned from doing gigs now because he kept being late for class."

Mark shook his head. "Ah, Jaemin. But he told you all that? Willingly?"

Yerin nodded her head. "Yeah, surprisingly he did."

"Hm." Mark said, tapping his chin. "I know he said he wouldn't fall in love again but he must feel something. Jaemin isn't one to open up that easily."

"Really?" Yerin asked. "But we always talk."

Mark nodded. "He only really opens up to Renjun and sometimes Jeno. Everyone else he puts up a cold front, as you can probably tell."

"Oh." Yerin said as her phone buzzed. She took it out of her pocket to see that she had gotten a text from Jaemin asking her where she was.

"Need to go?" Mark asked. Yerin nodded, standing up and gathering her things.

"Well, thanks for listening uh..." Mark began rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yerin."

"Right. Yerin." Mark said with a chuckle. "I hope that you can organize that talk with Jaemin."

Yerin nodded her head, giving him a small smile back. "Me too."

"Oh and one more thing!" Mark called out.

"Yeah?" Yeri said, turning back around.

"Don't think to much about what Jeno said. He's just worried about Jaemin getting hurt again. But if you really don't like him back, I think you should let him know before he falls too hard for you." Mark told her.

Yerin nodded her head, taking in Mark's words.

"I will, thanks Mark."

...

What is she doing in a recording studio? Jaemin thought as he glanced at his phone, checking to see if he had read Yerin's text right.

"Jaeminnie!"