Going Home

The lunch went smoothly and I found myself checking my phone while the conversation continued about how recycling bins are just garbage cans with kinks.

Sara:
Where are you?
Did you get there safe?
Did they arrest you?
Bruh

Me:
I'm sorry I forgot to text you
We just finished lunch

Sara:
BRO
L U N C H
SO YOU'RE HIS SOULMATE?

Me:
Yeah. My chain's off, my ring's on.

Sara:
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

          I sighed and took a picture of my hand and Jungkook smiled.

"What's that for?" Jungkook asked.

"Sara," I said. "She can't believe I found my soulmate."

"Ah, wanna take a picture of my hand too? Just make sure you turn your ring so my name isn't in the photo," Jungkook said. "BigHit would have our heads if it accidentally got out. I'll have your name visible."

          I nodded and he twisted to lay his hand on mine for the picture. I snapped it and smiled. He pecked my cheek and rejoined the conversation about the bins.

Me:
*attachment*
Our rings, ma cherie

Sara:
HOLY SHIT ARA
HIS HAND IS PERFECT
YOUR IS PERFECT
THIS IS PERFECT
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU
AAAAAAA

Me:
I'm gonna finish up here, okay?
I'll tell you all about it when I get home

Sara:
When will that be?

Me:
When I get home.
Love you

          I shut off my phone, ignoring the message upon message that came in after that. Jungkook smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Would you like to go home now?" He asked. "I can imagine this is all very overwhelming."

          I shook my head and squeezed his hand.

"I'm fine, thank you, Jungkook." I said. "Unless you'd like to leave."

"If I'm being honest, I'd love to meet your friend." Jungkook smiled. "And this conversation isn't my cup of tea."

I chuckled and nodded.

"Okay, Jungkook," I said. "We can go."

Jungkook smiled and stood up.

"Hyungs, noonas, Ara and I are going to head out now," Jungkook said.

"It was lovely to meet you all and I hope to see you soon!" I smiled as they all stood up to offer their goodbyes.

Jungkook led me out and brought me to the car, piling into the back with me as he instructed the driver to take us back to my home. A two hour drive with my soulmate didn't seem long enough, while the drive here seemed too long.

"Have you told Sara we're coming there?" Jungkook asked.

"I'll text her now," I said as I pulled out my phone.

Me:
Sara, get yourself presentable. I'll be home with a surprise in about 2 hours.

Sara:
Please tell me you aren't bringing him here

Me:
Sara Sara, he offered. He's excited to meet you.

Sara:
Brb, selling Doyun for plastic surgery

I chuckled and threw my phone to the side.

"Is she okay with it?" He asked.

"As okay as a fangirl can be, Jungkook," I said, still not used to his name rolling off my tongue.

"Okay, noona," he smiled and rested his head on my shoulder. "It's gonna be a long ride."

I smiled and slipped my hand in his. Nodding and curling up in the seat, I rested my head on his, ready for the peaceful ride home.