xxiii. | "from the ashes we will rise"

♔︎␈♔︎

♔︎␈♔︎

A FEW DAYS LATER, CLARKE, JAHA AND THE OTHERS CAME BACK. They told her they might've found a way to save everyone from the radiation that was coming, then they mentioned the dying fish and said they might actually only have two months left, so Falo nodded and went with them on the journey to find the Second Dawn bunker, bringing her second, Redick, with her.

Falo could only hope this bunker was real and it wasn't for nothing.

To pass time, she looked at a tablet with Clarke and Redick, watching videos of a man who was named Bill Cadogan, he was the founder of this cult and the bunker they were looking for. He stood on a stage, speaking to maybe hundreds or thousands of people in a theater.

Falo couldn't help but wonder what life was like back before the Praimfaya engulfed the world. The people back then had it so good unlike the people nowadays.

"The end is coming," Cadogan announced. "Hear me as I say it this time. The end is coming, and it's coming soon."

"He gave that speech two weeks before the bombs." Jaha suddenly spoke up.

Falo's eyes traced every detail from Cadogan, the man looked vaguley familiar, but she couldn't quite place her finger around it. Her eyes flitted to the symbol behind him and she furrowed her eyebrows, the symbol also vaguely familiar.

"The world is dark, and getting darker all the time. Everything we once trusted has turned on us -- the government, religion, even technology has become a weapon in their hands, used to poison our minds. I know you're in pain, I know you're afraid, but it doesn't have to be like this. There is a way out of the darkness. I can show it to you. You can be saved. Join me. Join us, and together when the horsemen come, from the ashes we will rise." Bill finished the speech.

Shivers crawled down her spine, and she hoped that this man's insanity created that promising salvation for whatever was left of humanity.

Clarke sighed and handed the tablet to Jaha as Falo spoke. "Tell me you have more than just that."

Jaha chuckled. "In the two years before the bombs, Cadogan sold off of the Second Dawn's real estate holdings, generating tens of millions of dollars, but there was one thing he didn't sell. I found this in his autobiography."

He handed the tablet to Falo, Clarke looking over at it also. The picture displayed on the screen was a quaint stone and wood home. She frowned, wishing she could have something like that, maybe with Raven.

One day.

"It's his childhood home," Jaha explained. "His father built a bunker there to save his family. I think Cadogan used the church's money to expand it."

"He grew up there. Maybe he kept it for sentimental value." Bellamy suggested.

Jaha remarked, giving everyone in the rover a frown. "His father beat him almost daily in that house. He hated living there."