The two stared at each other, feeling the fire light. The fire of hate. Elle didn't like the attitude of this Doc Holliday, and Doc Holliday didn't like the way this girl held herself.

"Either way," Virgil intruded, "Miss Raycroft has a hell of a hand with her gun that I've ever seen." Doc looked at Virgil, which earned a laugh from the old man. "Besides you Doc."

"Someone better then Doc? I highly doubt that." Morgan had said chuckling to himself. Elle smiled to the ground and shook her head.

"Well ol'pal," Wyatt patted Doc on the back, "you've got some competition now." He laughed as Doc looked at Elle again.

"I best be off. I've got to speak to Mr.White." Elle said softly.

"Well, I guess we'll see you around then?" Wyatt asked.

Elle shook her head no. "Unfortunately not, I'm leaving this afternoon." Virgil frowned at the young woman.

"Gone so soon again I see."

"When am I not." Elle sighed.

"Let me walk you to the Marshal's office." Virgil offered.

"Oh no sir, you don't-"

"I insist."

Elle looked at the three other man who just watched this unfold with raised eyebrows. Wyatt laughed to himself and patted Doc on the shoulder to follow him. Morgan tipped his hat to Elle and walked off from the group. Elle turned back to Virgil and nodded.

"How have ya been?" He asked, starting conversation.

"Just fine, thank you. I travel a lot, so there that." Elle said as her boots felt heavy on her feet.

"When did you arrive in Tombstone?"

"Only yesterday. I'm headed to Tesco, maybe something is waiting for me there."

"Oh come on darlin'," Virgil stopped walking. Pulled the girl back by the arm. "Why not stay another few days, there's a show tonight, come with us. Meet my wife Allie."

"Mr.Earp-"

"Virgil, please, Ellanora. Stay another day."

Elle hesitated with her answer. She didn't know what to say, she wanted to relax a little more, because after her run in the night before, she had been tense. Shaking her head she spoke again.

"But I have nothing to wear for a show."

"Oh that's nothin'! Where are ya staying?" Virgil waved her concern away.

"The Grand Hotel."

"Great! I'll send Allie over to help ya!"

Elle and Virgil then walked together in silence to the Marshal's office. Before she walked in she called his name.

"Why are you being kind to me?" She asked suddenly without thinking.

"Because everyone deserves a little bit of kindness. Your a good girl Ellanora Raycroft." He said before turned back down the dirt road of Tombstone.