Dun Dun Dun

(Continuing in Nick's POV)

A seething Hailey stood behind her mate, her eyes were darker than obsidian rocks. She continued to clench and release here fists by her sides, as she ground her teeth together. Her normally light, and cheery face could be compared to that of the clouds before a rainstorm; Dark and angry.

Her mate slowly turned around, his concentration broken for a brief moment. Lunging, I managed to change mid air into my normally powerful wolf. His spell, enchantment, or whatever it had released me.

Although, I felt drained as if it had done more than remove the mark. My wolf automatically went in for the kill, but a shrill scream had him pulling back from this mistakes jugular. It was Haily, his mate. Confusion clouded my mind, she was confused one second then concerned the next. A rough kick landed in the soft underside if my belly, throwing me back a ways. A growl rumbled deep within my chest and my teeth bared as a menacing snarl ripped it's way out. I lowered myself into a position that would better allow for a kill. My wolf and I were in need of removing the threat.

John quickly got up and began scampering towards Haily, profusely apologizing to her. As he was nearing four feet from her, I felt my muscles tighten getting ready to eliminate him when suddenly her hand shot out. Wrapped around his neck, cutting off his air supply. It was a torturous moment for both of them, as pain filled her eyes and his. A whisper escaped her lips, it was a barely audible "why". And just like that he was gone from her grip. Gone from the spot he was just in.

"Why did he," her voice cracked, and suddenly she fell to the ground silent tears tearing a trail down her face.

My heart constricted at her pain, and I stepped forward to help but just then my ears pricked up. Light, but increasingly fast footsteps were coming this way. The wind whipped my fur harshly, making it stand up as I got back into a position that would allow for an easy way to defend myself and Hailey. Just then, Laylee came into view. A look of great concentration her face as she rushed.

Although, once her eyes landed on the sobbing Haily and then on my massive wolf a look of great conflict crossed her features. Pheremones of fear were coming off of her, but she steeled her facial expression and began moving slowly toward Haily. Ever so carefully she moved an arm around Haily and whispered quietly "It's okay, it's okay". Then Layla gently guided Haily's head to the crook of her neck, while helping her stand. Never once did she take her eyes off of me.

"Round up two groups, We are searching for the ex beta of the pack" I sent through the mind link. A reply came back almost immediately.

"Sir, yes sir!"

"Send one to his residence, send the other to any and all possibly locations that he might hole up in. Double security on the perimeter. I will be back in two days. The order is to kill on sight." I ordered sternly.

"Sir, yes sir"

I closed off the link and shifted back. I wanted to hold my mate, she will make the most excellent of leaders. The pack will love her, and wish to protect her.

I looked down and noticed, with a small smile, that the shreds of my swimsuit lay on the ground beneath my feet. This is just sort of great, I have a naked walk back to my car.

Groaning, I began the trek back. Tripping on a rock or two along the way down. Climbing up here was such an easy thing, going down (naked) was not as easy. As I was slightly off balance from trying to hold my "friend" from the view of any possible onlookers. Also known as Layla or her brothers, since this is a private beach that my family owns.

Finally reaching the bottom of the cliff, I rush to the car and pop the trunk grabbing a pair of khaki shorts. My ears pricked at the slight sound of footsteps coming near, and I whipped around. It was just Jace and Ethan.

Once they reached me, they crossed their arms over their chest. "We know what you are, and who you are" they paused and looked to one another then bowed their head in respect "alpha."

I was shocked, to say the least. "You two are not wolves. Neither is your sister or other brother." They nodded in agreement.

"Our father was a hunter, but he met our mother and something changed. He stopped hunting the supernatural" Ethan cleared his throat then continued "we were ordered to find the pack in Oregon once he was gone if we were wanting to know the truth of his life."

Jace continued "so far we've come into contact with a hunter of rogues and he has filled us in on some things pertaining to werewolves, and basically said our answers lie with the most powerful person in our lives."

Ethan nodded "thanks to your interest in our sister, you are the most powerful."

I laugh escaped me "You, have a lot to learn. I believe the most powerful one of you is your darling sister" a mischievous grin crossed my lips "don't take things so seriously. She has the most power over all of us"

"What, what do you mean?" Jace asked, skeptically.

"For one, she is my mate, but she has something more. So, much more."
---------------------------
I know kinda short, but ya know I updated. I'd like to know what you guys think...?