Diagon Alley Pt 1

Start from the beginning

"Oh thank god....."

John didn't see the look of amusement pass through his teachers eyes as he busied himself to mentally bless whatever heaven above freed him of his metaphorical curse.

Not much could be said about the quite possibly literal one.

——————————————————

"Your wand will be next Constantine."

John froze.

Shit- wand!

John didn't use a wand!
-and he wasn't a wizard either!

John Constantine knew that this would go down one a of few ways, and he was betting on them picking this one:
The wizard will find out that he is indeed NOT a wizard by their standards.

This path of realization comes with its pros and cons equally.

Pro-He wouldn't have to go through all this lousy shit anymore. No school, no magical item shopping, (no student loan debt.....) and no more misunderstandings.
Con-John wouldn't be able to learn more about the wizarding community.

He wouldn't be able to find out if there was anything useful to him, not only to him but the Rising Darkness and his current mess with whatever the hell was bent on making his life just that.

Pro-WITH the help of his own magic, they'll have a better chance believing his looney tunes of a plot situation, maybe help even.
Con-They'll have some questions John wouldn't feel comfortable and will not answer under any circumstance.

Plus John really wasn't much of a team player anywho, little get togethers will a pal or two (like the his normal little trio back at home consisting of Chas, Zed and occasionally Manny) were fine by him, but things got complicated with numbers higher than that.

The good ol Bat in Gotham knew his dilemma very well on a very personal level.
Hell, even outdoin John every other day.

But John digressed.

"Do you need an invitation to every shop we walk to Constantine?"

John blinked up.

"While I prefer your silent mouth when you doddle around in your imagination-at least have half your brain still covering your surroundings."

HOooooooo........He didn't seem like he approves of daydreaming-or god forbid sleeping in his class.

"Get in."

John didn't waste time.

He made sure to keep a three foot perimeter away from the Professor, instead keeping loyally to the desk edge, waiting for the man that peered his head from one of the shelves' sides.

The shop itself was dusty, messy and contained an older air to it.

Papers cluttering the shop counter, shelves stacked to the brim with shoebox like items and lamps having a thick enough coat of dust that John could've sworn that if he tried-John could've rolled up little dustmen.

It's name wasn't going to be Frosty though......

"Hhmmm........interesting....a face I can't recall......Muggleborn then?-seeing as though a teacher is escorting you around the alley."