Part 82

"Weasley, Weasley, Weasley." fills the common room. Ron is standing in the middle of the common room, on a little plateau. Getting cheered on. Harry, Hermione and I are standing, watching him. I am proud of him. Eventhough the liquid luck helped him, I am still proud. "You really shouldn't have done it." Hermione says to Harry. "I know. I suppose I could have just used a Confundus Charm." he says, Hermione looks shocked. "That was different. That was tryouts. This was an actual game." she says defensive. Harry reaches for his pocket and takes out a bottle, and shows it to us. "You didn't put it in." I state, he shakes his head and puts the bottle back in his pocket. "Ron only thought you did." I say, and Harry nods. I focus back on Ron and see Lavender pull him off of the plateau, she wraps her arms around his shoulder. And kisses him. Gross. People cheer them on. Applauding for them. Harry then looks behind him. I do the same. Hermione left. "Come on." I say, grab his hand and walk through the people to go find her. We walk into the halls, "She couldn't have gone far." I say, then we hear a sniff. Harry and I jerk our heads towards where it came from. We walk to a staircase and hear birds chearping. Harry walks down first then I do, I see Hermione sit on the last few steps of the stairs. Crying, birds flying around her. "Charms spell. I'm just practicing." she says once we stand beside her. A crack in her voice. "Well, they're really good." Harry says, going to sit beside her. I sit down on the other side of her. "How does it feel, Harry, when you see Dean with Ginny." Hermione asks, shocking me, Harry likes Ginny? How did I never notice? "Oh, um-" he starts "I know. I see the way look at her. You're my best friend." she says. Then we hear a giggling come from the other side of the hall. Lavender and Ron come run in, holding hands. They come to a stop when they see us, Lavender grabs Ron's arm and stands slightly behind him. "Oops. I think this room's taken." she says, giggling. Then she let's go off Ron and runs away again, the same way they got in. "What's with the birds?" he asks Hermione, not following Lavender immediately. Hermione stands up, "Oppugno." she says, then the birds go flying towards Ron, who runs away. The birds fly against a door and explode, feathers falling to the ground when they do. Ron says nothing, he just looks at Hermione, confused. Then walks away slowly. Hermione sits back down, leans into Harry who comforts her. I slide a little closer and hug her too. "It feels like this." he says, answering her question. We stay here for a little longer, Hermione crying. I knew she liked him, I didn't know that she liked him this bad. "Let's get back. I think Ron and La-" Harry starts. I stomp him to make him stop talking. "Let's just get back." I say, looking at Hermione, to make sure she is ok. She nods, we stand up and walk back to the common room. "Good night. It will be alright Hermione." Harry says and walks to his room. Hermione and I walk to ours. "They won't last." I state, getting a confused look from Hermione. "What?" "Ron and Lavender. They won't last. I just know." I say again. "Why?" "It's Ron, Hermione, he does not belong with Lavender." "What do you mean?" "Don't you see it? You two belong together." "You are just saying that to make me feel better." she says getting under her covers, pulling them over her head. I shake my head, "No, I am not just saying that. You two do belong together. I believe you do. In the end, you will see, you two will end up together." I say, turning off the lights and laying under my covers as well. "Good night." "Yeah." she replies then I fall asleep. I wake up in the middle of the night, the sounds of cries wakes me. "Hermione?" I ask, the cries stop, "Yeah?" "Are you ok?" "No." I get out off my bed and walk to hers. I sit down next to her, now sitting straight in her bed. I hug her, "Like I said, it will be fine. They won't last, I promise." I rub my hand over her back trying to comfort her. "How are you so sure?" a crack in her voice. "I don't know, I just am." I reply. Hugging her a little longer, letting her sob in my neck. "Come on, Hermione, you really need to sleep now. Get rest, you will feel better tomorrow. Take a shower when you wake up. It helps, trust me. Did it when Draco and I first broke up." I tell her hugging her one more time close then letting go and walking back to my bed. I try to fall asleep again, but I feel so sorry for Hermione that I almost can't. After a lot of turning I finally fall back asleep. But wake up only hours later for another school day. "How are you feeling?" I say, sitting up, seeing Hermione walk in with wet hair. "Better. Showers do work a little, thanks." she says putting her towel on her bed and grabbing her robes. "Glad you feel better. And of course, you are my best friend. I will do anything to help you." I say, getting out of bed to get dressed. I quickly brush my hair, Hermione is already back in the common room, waiting for me to get ready. I walk to the common room and see Harry, Ron and Hermione sit on the sofa's, awkwardly. "Morning." I say cheerful, trying to get them to be less awkward. "Huh? Oh good morning Olivia." Ron says. "Ready for breakfast?" they nod and stand up. Ron and I walk ahead of Harry and Hermione. "So, how have you been?" he asks, as if we haven't spoken in weeks. "Ron- I have been good. Thanks." I just say. When did it become awkward between us? "How is Malfoy?" "He is great-" "Oh, I am great?" Draco asks, all of a suden walking beside me. Putting his arm around my shoulder. "Good morning to you too." I say grabbing his hand. "Morning baby girl." he chuckles.