22: Closer And Closer

Start from the beginning

I laughed and carefully rolled off of him. "See? That wasn't so hard was it?"

"Yeah for you." He replied, still trying to catch his breath. "You're not the one doing all the work."

"Oh I thought it was a team effort but okay."

I did my best to sound offended before standing to my feet. I dusted of my clothes and started walking towards the door to leave but I was quickly pulled back by Devonte. His arms were wrapped around my torso from behind and he rested his chin on my shoulder as he stared at the fake but very believable pout on my face. I had to try my best not to laugh because he genuinely believed that I was upset by the look on his face.

"I was just joking Gia."

I spun around in his arms and smiled. "I know."

He scoffed and instantly let me go. "You cruel for that."

"Aww I'm sorry. Forgive me?"

"Nope."

"So you're not going to forgive me?"

He shook his head. "No."

"Oh really?"

I smirked and before he had any time to react, I reached out and started poking continuously at his sides - that was his weakness, as I'd found out. He began laughing uncontrollably while trying to get away from me but I was not about to let that happen. Whenever he tried to move away I followed him, never once stopping poking at him. Of course he tried to keep my hands off him but none of his ways were working.

"Okay! Okay!" He laughed.

"You forgive me now?"

He smirked. "No."

"No? What do you-"

I squealed out in surprise when he grabbed me and starting tickling me with no end in sight. He laughed at my reaction as I laughed hysterically while trying to pry his hands off of me. It was harder than I anticipated, especially because I'm extremely ticklish. 

I finally succeeded in grabbing one of his hands when much to my surprise he stopped his shenanigans and looked me directly in the eyes. I continued to hold his hand and stared right back. It was like a scene from a movie. Our eyes darted between each other's eyes and lips before we both started to lean in. My heart began beating at an unbelievable rate as we got closer and closer to each other. 

We were just inches away from what would of been our first kiss when the door to the gym opened suddenly. Immediately we both stopped and snapped our heads around to see who had just stepped in. I rolled my eyes. Jessica. She stood there staring at the two of us for several seconds until Devonte decided to break the silence. From his tone, anyone would be able to tell that he was clearly irritated. 

"Is there a problem?"

"Oh um, no boss." She shook her head and smiled weakly. "Emery told me to inform you that your guests have arrived."

"Okay cool. Thanks. We'll be down in a minute."

"No problem."

She nodded her head and left, leaving he and I alone again. I let go of his hand and stepped back as an awkward feeling washed over me which I'm sure he felt too. He scratched the back of his neck and I cleared my throat, picking up my towel and water bottle nearby.

"I should go get freshened up."

"Uh y-yeah, me too."

"Meet you down there?" I asked.