11- Funeral

I stared out my bedroom door, the same I did two days ago, trying hard to shake the image from my mind.

Already dressed into my plain black knee length dress, I waited for my dad as Jack held me tightly, occasionally leaning forward and resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"It's gonna be ok Al." He'd say.

But it wasn't.

It's just lost my mum. I'd waited for over a year to see her and now she was gone. But this time forever.

She didn't even get to see me graduate.

I sighed as I heard dad walking down the hall and Jack slowly helped me up from my slumped position on my bed.

I didn't have the energy. My chest ached and not even Jack could make me smile.

I caught myself in the mirror as walked out of my room.

I'd straightened my hair, so it hung down to the small of my back. Dad had always said that I looked more like mum with my hair straightened.

Jack waited for me at the base of the stairs, looking very handsome in his black tux.

He grabbed my hand and we walked in silence out to the car. It was the most time we'd spent together without talking.

The car ride was short and my eyes drifted to the small crowd of people dressed in black huddling around the church.

The service wasn't very long, but it felt as if it went on forever. Tears spilled onto my cheek seemingly endlessly, and didn't stop until I was back in my bedroom, being cradled by Jack. I felt childish with him holding me and helping me sleep, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at all without him.

He'd been over most of the time since he found out and I never really wanted him to leave but e always had to leave before twelve, his curfew.

***

I woke suddenly, being shifted. "I gotta go Al, it's eleven thirty." Jack whispered before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

I nodded sleepily smiling weakly as he walked towards my door. Then I remembered. The white envelope sat on my bedside table and it caught my eye just as he disappeared down the hallway.

"Wait, Jack. We need to talk."

___________________________________

Sorry guys! There's like a category five cyclone above me right now and I'm in fear my roof will be blown off. That shot actually happens. Wish me luck!

Hope you like!

- Taylor xx