“But you...”

“I got recruited by Jo Pil Guk. He knew that I was your personal bodyguard, and he also knows that I got in a job here in hopes of seeing my sister. He promised me that he’ll introduce me to Yuri, but I thought that it’d be killing two birds with one stone. I’d meet my sister and I’ll fulfill my duties to you.”

Jiyong stood up. “Shut up, Kim Jaejoong. Yuri is my sister. Yuri is a Kwon through and through.” He growled. “No one will take my sister away from me.”

A gasp was heard followed by Bom’s shriek. The older woman crouched next to Yuri’s feet which were doused by scalding hot chocolate. “Omo omo, you’re burned!” She stood up and turned to TOP. “Tabi, bring her to the–”

However, Yuri wasn’t listening. She stared at Jiyong, confusion and tears in her eyes. “Oppa... I... I’m not a Kwon?”

Jiyong walked over to his sister and hugged her tightly. “That’s impossible, kid. You’re a Kwon. You’re my sister. I’m your older brother and that’s that.”

Yuri’s silent tears were killing him. Jaejoong was also feeling bad. He cannot do anything to make his sister feel better. What’s even worse is that he was the reason why his sister was crying so much.

“Jiyong, it’s better if you’d bring her down to fix her burn,” Youngbae reminded. “It might get worse.”

Jiyong nodded as he gently separated himself from Yuri. “Yul-ah, listen to oppa, neh? You have to treat your burn.”

Yuri nodded silently. Jiyong was about to go with her when she stopped him. “It’s okay, oppa. Stay with Dara unnie.” She hung her head low. “I’m sorry for omma.” She added in a quiet, shaking voice, which breaks Jiyong’s heart.

He tenderly cupped her face and looked at her. “Kwon Yuri, it’s not your fault. Don’t ever think that. Okay?”

She didn’t say anything. She only smiled and walked over to Youngbae who smiled at her. He helped her ride on the elevator to treat her burn, and soon enough, only the four of them were left waiting.

Bom sat next to Jiyong. “Jiyong-ah... What happened to Dara?”

“Bom, not now.” TOP warned. He held Bom’s hand and they were about to talk when Jiyong spoke. “I’m sorry, noona, hyung, I’ll... I’ll explain. But not now, please.” He answered, his voice distraught with anxiety. The doctors operating on Dara were still on it, and they haven’t heard any news yet.

The couple looked at Jiyong sadly. Jiyong and Dara already went through a lot of obstacles, but this one is the most fatal out of all. TOP gently squeezed Bom’s shoulder, offering his girlfriend support.

“I love you, Bommie,” he whispered to her. Witnessing all the events unfold for Jiyong and Dara hurts them, but TOP knows that they couldn’t even possibly fathom how much it hurts Jiyong right now.

Bom let out a tender smile. “I love you too, Tabi.”

--

Jiyong’s heart was racing. When he saw Dara lying lifelessly on the floor, he felt as if air was knocked out of him. Dara-yah... He silently called out her name. Soon enough, tears were on his eyes. He cannot stop himself from crying, afraid that anything bad will happen to his Dara. Jiyong have never felt so helpless and hopeless before.

He’s blaming himself for what happened. If only I knew about this before... If only I came earlier... FUCK! Dara won’t have to go through this! He’s wishing that he was the one who took all those blows instead of Dara.

How... How could this end with me unscathed? I was the one they wanted, right? Why... Why should they do this to her?

The emergency room’s door suddenly opened and Jiyong bolted up. He quickly cornered the doctor. “Is she okay?!” He asked anxiously. Bom, TOP, and Jaejoong were behind him, waiting for the doctor’s verdict on Dara’s condition.

“We managed to stop the impending blood clots. She has suffered from a lot of external wounds and bruises, along with three broken ribs and her right leg will probably be limping for weeks, a month tops. She has to use crutches for that time. However, she’s better now, but you can’t see her yet tonight. We’ll move her to a private room soon, so you can visit her tomorrow.” The doctor explained.

Bom, TOP, and Jaejoong managed to breathe a sigh of relief that Dara was okay, but Jiyong wasn’t pacified. He was left immobilized that he didn’t even notice that the doctor had already gone.

“Jiyong?” Bom called out gently while placing a hand on his shoulders.

“Yes, noona?”

“I think you should go home for a moment.” She suggested as she took in his appearance. His suit was still stained with Dara’s blood, and he hasn’t eaten anything yet for the last seven hours.

“I’m okay, noona.” He stubbornly answered. “I want to be here.”

“Jiyong, Bom’s right.” TOP supported. “Besides, we won’t get to see her yet, anyway. You should change and eat, then you can go back here.” He turned to Jaejoong who was only listening to their conversation. “Jaejoong-ssi, please accompany Jiyong.”

Jaejoong nodded and went over to Jiyong. The latter tried putting up a fight, but his emotional and mental state also wore his energy down. In the end, he was dragged to the car by Jaejoong, but not before strictly instructing the bodyguards to watch Dara closely. He was even about to fire the two bodyguards who were with Jaejoong earlier, but he explained that he was the one who made them stay out. Jiyong looked at Jaejoong in disgust. “Then maybe I should just fire you, Kim Jaejoong.” He scornfully spat before walking towards one of the chauffeured cars.

___________________________________________________________

Soooooo. Tell me what you think? ;P This story's gonna end soon! About four more chapters + epilogue left...

-X