{ 15 }

{ 15 }

“So that’s my sister, Kwon Yuri.” Jiyong lamely picked up on the conversation after Yuri left.

“Really? You guys didn’t look alike much.” Dara commented as she took a sip from her drink. Whoa, I didn’t expect that! I really thought it was Ji’s girlfriend or something. Somehow, she felt relieved knowing that Yuri was only Jiyong’s sister.

“Yeah, we hear that a lot.” He chuckled.

“So… why did you ask to meet up today here?” Dara cautiously questioned. “By chance, did you… remember something?”

Jiyong’s eyes flicked into her. “No, not really. I picked this place because it was close and there won’t be much of a hassle.”

Dara looked at him in disappointment which she tried to hide with a smile. “Oh, okay then.”

“Do we… have memories here?” Jiyong asked.

“Well, not exactly here in this place, but… our first dat–” Dara choked on her own saliva before continuing. “–date was actually here. Well, we met here, and then we went here and there…”

He nodded, looking thoughtful. “Where’s the exact place?”

“Oh, I think that café’s not here anymore.” She commented. Just like our past, that café is gone.

“What a waste. Where could we start looking for my memory, then?”

“Well, our old university’s close by. It’s less than five-minute walk from here. Do you want to go there first?”

“Sure, let’s go then.” Jiyong was the first one to stand up and walk towards the exit. Just like the first time they met, she stared at his back as he started to walk away. He turned to look at her and he walked back to where she was standing. “Aren’t you coming?”

Dara smiled at the way he acted. He’s still Kwon Jiyong. “I am.”

--

Since it had been five years since they left the school, Dara figured that nobody would recognize Jiyong and her. They were walking peacefully together with Dara pointing out some places to Jiyong in case he remembers anything.

“Dara noona?” A cautious voice called out. Jiyong and Dara turned and saw Kang Daesung, one of Youngbae’s juniors from his department.

“Oh, Daesung-ah!” Dara excitedly ran to her, grinning. “You’re still here?!”

Daesung cutely rubbed his nape and smiled at Dara. “Noona, have you forgotten that I’m studying med? Even Youngbae hyung graduated later than you guys.”

“Ah, right.” Dara nodded.

“Ah, noona, you and Jiyong hyung are still together?!” Daesung grinned, leaving no time for neither Dara nor Jiyong to react. “That’s great! I thought that you guys have broken up before, but seeing you again together is great.”