{ 44 }

final chapter orz T.T -X

{ 44 }

Dara was left inside her apartment. Bom accompanied her the other day to the hospital to remove her leg cast. Since she was feeling better, she coaxed Bom to go back to work. Bom missed a week of work because of watching over her.

It had been a long time since she had been alone. Either one from TOP or Youngbae would always be around to help her when Bom’s not around. Not to mention Wooyoung, Sohee, and Donghae who were always visiting her. There were also the bodyguards whom Jiyong stationed outside her house.

Jiyong... she thought and sighed. She had thought of what TOP told her last week, and she came down to a plan. Only, she’s sure that none of her family and friends would be too thrilled to hear it.

Cautious knocks were heard from the door and she frowned. She wasn’t expecting a guest. She walked over to the door and opened it, surprised to see a flustered Jiyong. Her heart started racing as she took him in. He was still nervous, as if he was expecting her to scream at him and make him go away.

“Dara...” He muttered. “Hi.”

“Hello,” she answered weakly. “I...” Not knowing what to say, she opened the door wider. “Come in?”

He stepped inside her house. Dara could feel the thick tension surrounding the two of them. She was about to go to the kitchen to get them drinks when Jiyong pulled her down with him in the couch, trapping her in a hug. “Stay.” He said, his voice shaking.

Dara didn’t bother holding herself back. She embraced him back tightly, not caring about anything else. Her heart was aching to see him again, but she didn’t want to interfere with him. She knew that Jiyong had a definite reason why he was being busy, but it didn’t stop her from feeling bad that she hadn’t seen him for weeks. “Jiyong-ah, I missed you...”

“I missed you too, babe,” he replied, kissing her temple. “I still miss you now, even though you’re right beside me.”

She smiled gently, happy to know that she wasn’t the only one. She sat next to him and she gingerly cupped his face. “Are you okay? You lost weight. You haven’t been eating on time again, right?” She shook her head. “Aigoo, what are you gonna do when I’m not around?”

Jiyong held her hand tightly, his face vulnerable. “Are you... are you leaving?”

Her smile didn’t reach her eyes. “Jiyong, I–”

To her surprise, he suddenly covered his ears with his two hands, averting his gaze. “NO. I don’t want to hear it.” He said and started making unintelligible noise to block out Dara’s voice.

She gently placed his hands on her lap, playing with it. “Jiyong, listen to me.”

He stopped making noises, but he was still not looking to Dara. She sighed before continuing. “Ji, a lot of things happened. Your company’s facing problems, and I... I was under PTSD.” Her voice tightened as she remembered the unfortunate events which happened. Jiyong’s fists were being clenched and unclenched, obviously angered at the thought of someone hurting Dara. “Don’t... don’t you think... we need...” She nervously glanced at him before continuing, her voice above a whisper. “Time?”