Bonus: One Blessed Raven

Start from the beginning

Now, I was getting tired of just sitting down. But this Lycan of mine wouldn't even allow me to lift a finger, since I started to get a little sick. Even though I promised him it was nothing, he wouldn't listen. At all.

I release another deep breath. Oh Ravens, this Lycan of mine was getting a little too much for me to handle.

Now that I wasn't so lost in my thoughts, I feel a pair of eyes digging hard into my skin. And I immediately knew who it was. He seems to be doing that a lot. I mean staring at me.

Feeling more conscious of him, I glance his way only to find him still looking at me. Those blue orbs searching for something while his lips sealed tight shut. But I wanted to know. I want to know what he wanted from me. So, taking one deep breath, I stand from my seat and walk towards him.

His eyes stays locked on mine, calculating my steps, maybe even my motive and his own confusion. I narrow my eyes as I stand tall in front of him with my arms folded across my chest.

"So?"

I arch my eyebrow at him. Almost demanding some kind of answers to the unspoken questions that I asked him mentally.

He looks at me with his eyes now squinted as if he was trying very hard to understand something himself. Like he needed to figure out this puzzle. Solve a mystery. But when he fails to do so, he releases a loud sigh, finally taking his eyes off me. He looks down at his hands, tightly intertwined on the table as he shakes his head slightly.

"What was that?" I take a seat in front of him with my arms still folded across, my eyes never leaving his face.

"Do you know me from somewhere? Do you need something from me?" He looks up at me and raises an eyebrow, now feigning innocence. I trust him to be anything but that.

I scoff unable to believe it. But no matter what he did, he couldn't hide those eyes of his.

"Don't give me that look. Those eyes of yours bothers me for some reason..." I mutter the last words out.

He squints his eyes at me. "Care to elaborate?"

I roll my eyes and lean forward. I put my elbows on the table and my chin on top of my knuckles, while giving him my best glare. "Tell me what it is, or I swear in the names of Ravens, I will make you and you are not going to like it."

Those blue in his eyes turn a shade darker before it returns to its piercing blue. It was almost as if he lost control for a second. He inhales deeply and turns his head to the side, looking out at the blue sky which was clear through these tall glass windows.

After a moment of silence, he turns back to me, his face stern but his eyes held the sadness of the ocean. So much pain. And for some reason, I felt it. It hit me hard.

There was this longing behind that sadness. He longed for something. Or rather someone. His eyes said it all.

I don't know why but it made my own heart tighten. This man in front of me was suffering. Hurting so much.

"I don't know why, but I feel this- this thing. Like I need to know-" He inhales lungful of air as if it were starving. "I don't know but every time I see you, I-I feel t-this need... a need to be around you-"

"Stop right there." I start shaking my head, leaning away from the table, not believing his words or where he was heading towards. "I have a mate if you haven't already noticed it."

I mean that was absurd. And here I was thinking that he was hurting.

He holds his hands up and leans back himself. "I don't mean it like that. No. I don't desire you. It's just I-" His hand forms a fist as he bites his lips before he breaths out loud. "I just have this need to be around you. I-I feel like you have something that belongs to me. But I don't know what it is that you could possibly have. Or this feeling that I have for you? I don't understand it."