The Flames Of Hell

Eliana Tessa Castellanos

The last traces of herbs were finally out of my system. My senses were slowly coming back. And so was my Lycan.

Even though I was left weak, I was no longer helpless. Or hopeless. I had the fire in me once again. To ignite. To burn.

But I stay put. I wait as I clench my fists behind my back where my wrists were tightly chained, to stop myself from rushing and making myself vulnerable again.

So, I lay there on the ground, with my long, thick hair completely covering my face, hence, hiding the rage which was now clear on them.

"You are all gathered here today to witness the mating of your King." Dave's loud voice further enrages the anger in me.

"Castellanos here is going to provide me with more power, so we all can rise together. Stronger and more powerful than ever before." His voice booms the hall, and soon loud cheer follows.

I wanted no part in the scheme they had set up. But unfortunately for me, I was the very reason behind their scheme. Whatever they wanted. This power. The raw hunger for power that I could not fathom. A power that was neither theirs nor mine to claim.

It all belonged to but one.

Silvermoon. The Moon goddess.

The one who bears her name. The chosen one of the goddesses. It was never mine to claim.

In the midst of havoc caused by her own creation, when the goddess saw the pure heart of the one creature, she blessed them with a gift. A title. And most of all her name and the power that came with the name.

And only the one with the blood of the blessed can hold that power. The one that bears the name of the goddess.

Amara Raven Silvermoon.

But I was not going to be a medium to hurt her again. I was not going to speak of her as it didn't seem like they were aware of her yet. It was better that way. Because this vile creature shall not leave this place alive and I was going to make sure of it.

I raise my head slowly as he was giving off his monologue of a speech to his minions. Through the curtain of my blond hair, I count the werewolves in the hall.

One, two, three...

I counted fifteen on either side of the hall, mounted on their seats whilst two stands by the door, guarding the inside of the hall. I close my eyes and listen to any movements. Heartbeats.

Two right outside the door. Another two on the south. I hear footsteps outside. Four. Ten. Eighteen.

Twenty-five.

Fifty-five werewolves and a Lycan. Could I do it? I might have been able to, had I not been basking in my own pool of blood. But right now, it seems impossible.

I hiss once again as I feel him yank my hair up. "Were you even listening, princess?" He growls next to my ear. "I guess you are eager to be mine."

I growl, only to feel his sharp claw tear the skin on my jaw. But this time, I clamp my lips shut. I was not going to give him the satisfaction anymore.

I had to do something. And fast.

I feel him tug me up by my hair and I growl at him loudly. "Witness the rise of the Lycan King. Witness me turn as I claim my prize on a Castellanos." Roar of cheers echoes the hall as vile starts to rise in my throat.

"Castellanos, you are mine." I watch him as his eyes turn dark and his canines elongates, ready to mark my flesh. My soul.

Finally, the calm inside me breaks. The soft glow of flame rages once again. I feel it surge through me and watch as he snatches his hand off my hair while loudly hissing in pain. I know that I was scorching hot.

My body held the heat of a lava.

One that could turn anything that touches me to ashes.

I was fire itself.

I growl loudly as the metal chain on my body starts to melt too and I easily break free of them. I lower my stance, getting ready to attack. To defend. I feel my vision change. I could see more clearer with these eyes. The eyes of my Lycan self.

"What are you?" Dave growls angrily.

"Should have done your homework before you started your hunt." I growl as the orange yellow flame, flares in my palms. I need all of them in here for this to work. I had to create a chaos so, they will all come in here. And by the feel of my body, I didn't have much left in me.

Then something comes over my mind. I stand straight and play with the fire in my hand and smirk. I know just what I had to do.

I had to enrage him so he would command them in. To hold me down. To cage me once again. So, I do just the thing that would do the job. I hold my hand forward and watch as the flame travels across and burns his throne.

The one thing that he prided upon. I burned it. I took the crown off his head without even laying a hand on his kingdom. I took everything from him, with just a single flame.

I laugh as Dave screeches in anger and comes for my neck. I watch as the werewolves try to put off the flames. Fight through the flames. My flames. The flames of hell.

I feel the sharp claws pierce my neck, halting my ongoing laughter of madness. Once again, I feel the warm liquid gush freely.

"You dare play with me? How dare you destroy my only pride?" Black, blue veins starts popping out of his temple and his features becomes more of a Lycan than a human. He didn't even feel the heat of my body that flowed like a lava.

"You truly are a gem. I see. It wasn't just a myth when they said a true Lycan possess a gift from the goddess." He smirks but he was infuriated.

"Now I will not hesitate any longer." My eyes widens as I see him open his mouth wide, exposing his sharp canines.

No. Stop.

But I felt it. His bite.

It was too late.

He marked me...