40. Calm the Storms

Start from the beginning

Paige: It says we can make the spell last however long we want, but there's fine print.

Piper: Of course there is.

Paige smiled at me before turning back to the Book.

Paige: Just like Leo said earlier, messing with the weather can cause problems, so we shouldn't make the spell last too long.

I nodded before looking at my watch.

Piper: It's 12:30 now. We can make the spell last for 36 hours.

I looked back up at my sisters.

Piper: That should be enough.

Paige nodded before her, Phoebe, and I began to say the spell while everyone else in the room watched.

Sisters: "Storms that blow and reek its havoc, we call upon its mighty power. To cease the winds and calm the day, for as long as 36 hours."

As soon as the spell is said, the thunder stops and the rain calms. The beating against the windows subsided and turned into a light rain.

Leo: It worked.

Leo smiled before looking up quickly then back down.

Leo: I'll be back. I'm going to check in with the Elders and see how the rest of the world is doing.

I nodded as Leo orbed away. We walked to the window to get a better look. The winds have stopped and the clouds started to part, allowing sunshine to peak through.

Marcus: Perfect! This will allow for a clear, full moon lit night for the ritual. Thank you so much.

I nodded.

Piper: It was our pleasure.

Chris turned to Sam and grabbed his arm.

Chris: I'll orb you home, Sam. Wyatt, you may want to get the van.

Wyatt sighed and nodded as Chris orbed away with Sam.

Piper: Yes, please go get the van. I don't need anymore problems to deal with.

Wyatt nodded before orbing away.

Marcus: Shall we start preparing for tomorrow night?

The other Elementals nodded before heading out the attic door. Phoebe chuckled before her and Paige walked out as well, followed by Melinda and Prudence. I looked out the window at the sunshine one last time before leaving the attic as well.

☾——————————☽

February 8, 2020

The next night at 10:30 PM, the Elementals were sitting around the dining room table going over their ritual plan. Phoebe, Paige, James, and I watched on. James, Jason, and Jaxon showed up a half hour ago to check on John, who they hadn't seen in a week due to John's hiding out at the manor. The kids were currently watching from the conservatory.

Marcus: Alright, is everyone clear on our ritual? It will be just like the others except this time it should work.

The Elementals nodded before Marcus continued.

Marcus: Okay, great. So we'll start with setting up the platform ...

Marcus continued talking about his plan as he drew a picture of the set up for the Elementals to see. Soon enough, 11:00 o'clock came around. Phoebe looked at her watch before looking back up.