6

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Annoyance

"Oh, shut up."

September 1991
Professor McGonagall's Class

Liv was sitting next to Hermione, glad she could be with her friend, and not with other Slytherins. Hermione and Liv were talking when Liv felt someone was staring, so she looked to see Draco was smirking at her. She glared at him before she turned back to Hermione.

Then suddenly, Harry & Ron rushed into the class. Liv gave her brother a look as he and Ron saw a tabby cat sitting on a desk. "Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron asked and Liv shook her head in disappointment.

"Imbeciles," she muttered to herself.

Then the cat jumped off the desk and turned into Professor McGonagall, which caused the two boys to stare in amazement. "That was bloody brilliant," Ron said.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch, mayone one of you would be on time," McGonagall said.

"We got lost," Harry said.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats," McGonagall said. Then Harry looked at Liv, who was giving him a look.

Professor Snape's Class

In Snape's potions class, the students were chattering and sitting near steaming cauldrons. The door slammed open and Snape came rushing in. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few," Snape started before he looked at Draco, who smiled cockily. "Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper," Draco then looked in the cauldron. "In death," Snape finished, which caused Draco to raise his eyebrows.

He looked over at Liv, who was smirking at him. Snape then saw Harry, writing this all down, but in his view, he was not paying attention. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not...pay...attention," Snape said and Liv nudged Harry in the ribs, which caused him to look up. "Mr. and Ms. Potter. Our...new...celebrities," Snape said and Liv felt other eyes on her, so she awkwardly smiled. "Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Hermione's head skyrocketed and Harry & Liv softly shrugged. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

And Hermione's hand shot up again. "I don't know, sir," Harry said.

"And, Ms. Potter, what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?" Snape asked.

"I don't know, Sir," Liv said.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, now is it?" Snape said, and Liv & Harry slightly frowned before Snape went back to his lesson.

Great Hall

Midday, all the students were working on homework, and since it wasn't breakfast, nor dinner, Liv was able to sit with Harry and their friends.

Meanwhile Seamus was trying a spell on a cup. "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water into rum," Seamus said, and he looked in the cup, nothing was there. Liv & Harry eyed him as he tried the spell again.