5

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Potter Twins Separated

"No matter where we each stand, together we can look upon the same sun, the same moon, and the same sky, so we are forever one family."

Great Hall

McGonagall led everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there were four long tables with many kids, as well as floating candles. Liv looked up at the roof, but to her amazement it appeared to be the sky. "It's not real." Liv looked next to her to see Hermione. "The ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History."

Liv slowly nodded at the random fact. "Okay," she mumbled. Then they all stopped in front of a platform.

"Alright, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words," McGonagall said before Dumbledore rose from the main table, and stood in front of everyone.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Flich," Dumbledore started, then he signaled to a ragged old man with a cat who had red eyes. "Has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

Liv eyed Dumbledore with a terrified look. "He's joking, right?" Liv whispered.

"No," Hermione whispered back, and Liv nervously gulped. Then the children faced McGonagall again, who was smiling at the group of first years.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses," McGonagall said and Liv tensed up.

"Hermione Granger." Liv turned to Hermione, who stared at McGonagall nervously.

"Oh, no. Okay, relax," Hermione mumbled as she walked up to McGonagall.

"Mental that one, I'm telling you," Ron said, then Liv smacked the back of his head.

"Ow!" he exclaimed. The sorting hat was placed above Hermione's head, who eyed the hat nervously.

"Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!" the sorting hat exclaimed, and the whole hall erupted in cheers. Hermione jumped off with a smile as she passed Liv.

"Good job!" Liv exclaimed and Hermione smiled.

"Thank you, Liv," Hermione said before she headed off to the Gryffindor table.

"Draco Malfoy," McGonagall said and Draco sauntered up proudly.

On the platform, he glanced at Liv & Harry. Harry scolded him as Liv stared intensely at him. Draco smirked before he eyed the hat. The tattered hat nearly freaked before touching down on Draco's head. "SLYTHERIN!" the sorting hat practically yelled, then Draco proudly walked over to the slytherin table as the hall erupted in cheers.

"There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin," Ron said and Liv eyed him nervously.

"Veronica Blake," McGonagall said and a small girl with very dark hair walked up.

As she did, Harry looked around and spotted a black haired, pale teacher, Severus Snape, looking at him and Liv.

When Harry's eyes landed on him, his scar began to burn. "Ah!" he exclaimed as he put his hand on his forehead. Liv & Ron looked at Harry in worry, but Liv looked in the direction of Snape, and when she did, the scar on her neck began to burn as well. She held onto her neck, and softly ached in pain.