Who knew? ~3

****Thank you guys for all your support!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I want to send a shout out to Cindy-v-15 for liking and tweeting every part of all my stories!!! She's awesome! and also to elizabeth94 for her comments!!!! Thank you guys sooo much, you're both amazing! here's another part of 'who knew?' The next part will probably be just a informational chapter and then the one after that will probably be getting into action. Sorry for talking so much. Thanks for reading! Please suppport if you like it :D God bless***

The rest of my shift I spent thinking about Chase. Just like yesterday, I checked the clock multiple times. Only for a different reason.

Just a little while longer, I reminded myself as I shelved the books and hummed a song to pass the time. I was interrupted when something suddenly shoved me into the bookshelf. I turned around to see a man's figure.

"Excuse you," I grumbled quietly. The man turned around and the way he glared at me made me take a small step back.

"Please be more careful sir, you almost made me knock down the whole bookshelf," I gestured feebly to the shelf, feeling smaller and smaller under the man's penetrating gaze. He just continued to glare at me with icy blue eyes before retreating to the end of the aisle.

 I scrunched up my face and huffed, "He didn't even apologize."

"Who's that?"

I turned back around and there stood Chase. His face was also scrunched up at the man standing at the end of the aisle.

I shrugged. "I don't know; just some extremely rude person who shoved me into the bookshelf and left without apologizing." I said it loudly enough to ensure that the man had heard me.

Chase's voice brought my attention back to him, "Be careful, people can be strange sometimes."

I snorted. "Oh please, this is a library. But thanks for your warning."

I walked past him without a backwards glance, expecting Chase to follow. When I didn't hear footsteps behind me, I turned and saw Chase was standing, still staring at the man.

"Chase? Do you still want to come over to see the paper?" A part, a huge one, hoped that he still wanted to come over. Chase looked over and nodded. He followed close behind me and didn't speak the whole time I signed out and said goodbye to Grace. I was starting to get nervous; awkward silences tended to do that to me. We both walked outside and I headed over to my bike. Uh-oh. I hadn't thought about transportation. I turned to Chase and saw that he was still deep in thought.

"Chase?" I asked tentatively, "Do you have a way to get to my house? Because two people can't ride on my bike."

 He seemed to snap out of it and grinned.

"I'm sure we could fit if we wanted."

He laughed when he saw what I'm sure was an indignant look on my face.

"Kidding, I have a car. I can fit your bike into my trunk if you want to ride with me."

"No, that's okay. I need the exercise."

"Okay but that's not going to work because I'm not going to go five miles an hour to follow you." Chase stated.

"I can ride faster than that," I muttered but Chase didn't hear me. He was already moving forward to grab my bike. He hauled it onto his shoulder and started walking away. I sighed and followed him.

He stopped at a teal colored truck and threw the bike into the back. He then walked around to the passenger side door and held it open. I slowly climbed in, very aware that I had only known Chase for less than a day.

God, please keep me safe!

Whistling, Chase walked around to the driver's side, sat down, and started the truck. After a few tries, the truck sputtered to life.

"This is a very nice truck."

Chase glared at me, obviously hearing the sarcasm in my voice.

"Hey this is all I could get in such a short time."

"What are you talking about?" 

Chase coughed, "I just meant that I didn't have enough money to get something else, but never mind," he said unconvincingly. He then turned the radio on loud so there was no way we could talk. The only time he said something was when he asked for directions.

 The usually thirty minute trip to and from the library took less than fifteen minutes. I'll have to get a car, I mentally noted. But I knew that would never happen. If I couldn't afford to go on a cruise then I wouldn't be able to afford a car.

"You okay?"

I jumped when I realized Chase had already gotten out and was now holding my door open.

I just nodded and hopped out. To my relief, the driveway was empty which meant neither of my parents was home. If they were, I'd have to give them a full length description on Chase and I couldn't do that when I barely knew who he was myself. I retrieved the key from under the mat and unlocked the door.

"You keep the key under the mat? You do realize how cliché that is right?" Chase asked from behind me.

"Well where do you suggest I put it then?" I asked, "Since you seem to know everything."

Chase smirked, "I do, don't I?" He took the key and walked around the house. "Put it here," He said, hiding it under a big potting plant, "Hiding it under the mat is just asking for somebody to break in."

"But now every time I need to get in the house I'm going to have to lift up this heavy thing." I complained. He just rolled his eyes.

"Work out, do some push-ups. Then you'll be strong enough."

I glared at him, "Are you suggesting I'm fat?" I glanced down at my stomach. It poked out a little; probably from the pancakes this morning. Chase ignored me and walked back around to the front of my house. I ran to catch up to him.

"Chase?"

No reply.

The door stood ajar. I cautiously pushed it open and stepped inside.

"Boo."

I screamed. Chase stood beside me. He was grinning but there was something in his eyes that made it look strained. I reached out and smacked his arm. "Don't scare me!" I yelled. He just laughed.

"What were you doing anyway?"

"I was scaring you." He answered easily. I was confused; sometimes it seemed like Chase was lying to me or avoiding a question. But there was no reason he would do that, so I just let it go.

***Thanks for reading! if you have a story you want me to read, post it to my message board but please make sure it doesn't have any of the stuff i don't like that i mention in my profile. Thanks****