Chapter 118 - Throw Down Pt. II

Start from the beginning

"I'll take care of it. No one will doubt my worthiness to be with you." His lips hovered over hers and the deep vibration of his velvet voice pulsed slowly down her body all the way to the tips of her toes.   

If anyone had to prove their worthiness in this union, she thought it would surely be her. She knew that when they went back to the Nine Heavens she would be met with something similar and she would meet the challenge with the same tenacity. 

"Come, little fox. Be by my side and watch me as I remind your father how is it that I became the Master of the Universe."

Her eyes widened as she was thoroughly seduced by the opportunity of getting a glimpse into the dominant warrior king that brandished a sword in his hand long before he traded it in for a scroll.

She knew there was only one alpha in the fox den for her and it was him. 

---

He calmly sat down at the stone table across from her father. Everyone stood in a circle around them, eager to watch the momentous occasion as the fox father and her betrothed would face head-to-head in an epic chicken wing showdown that was to settle all doubts of Dong Hua's worthiness to be her one and only mate.

She stood next to him and lightly wrote down his back, I love you husband.

He turned to look up into her warm sweet gaze. He knew there would be no turning back now. For the occasion he needed to remain stone-faced but he replied with a smile that softly crinkled around his eyes.

Two huge platters of chicken wings were brought out one after the other by Migu and placed in front of Bai Yi and Dong Hua.

"The rules are simple," said the Fox Emperor gruffly. "Consume the wings until no more can be consumed. Whoever can eat out the other will be victorious!"

"That sounds weird," muttered Zhe Yan to Bai Zhen, "I think your father means "out eat the other."

"Dear, also mention ..." said the Fox Empress while giving him a pointed look.

"Ah yes, should anyone need medical intervention, we have the finest physician in all the realms here to oversee that no one falls into Nothingness because of overconsumption of chicken wings," he said with a hearty chuckle.

Zhe Yan rolled his eyes while he leisurely fanned himself. Mo Yuan stood stoically to the other side of his old friend and opened up a telepathic channel.

What happens if he loses? Her father is going to take advantage of that. Dong Hua's already on thin ice.

What are you talking about, Dong Hua already IS thin ice, said the old phoenix.

I'm surprised his consciousness didn't shatter the moment he saw the plate of wings. We've both known him for a long time, Mo Yuan. We've been right by his side during the Great Wars. We've seen him win even the most difficult of battles and turn ambushes around to create flawless wins. We've seen him deal with blood, gore, death and pure evil. We know what he is capable of. We also know he has zero competence when it comes to touching wet and sticky foods with his delicate hands. He never ate with us at the campfires, even after a hard-earned victory and that was food on a stick. Bai Yi is a crafty bastard to call upon this challenge. As much as Bai Zhi is a fanboy of Dong Hua even he will feel shame if his granddaughter is matched to someone who cannot eat chicken wings. I've been part of this family too long to not know how things will play out.

Then what do we do? We've worked too hard for Xiao Jiu to be denied her fossilized fiancé said the God of War.

Zhe Yan telepathically sighed. I'm anticipating it will take less than thirty seconds for Dong Hua's blank stares and slow underwater movements to give his incompetency away. Right before that becomes obvious, you are to spirit Xiao Jiu back to Kun Lun.